• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

USPS

quick release

Anyone else noticed how they've practically given up providing good service?

Ever since the end of 2013, some days I simply don't receive my mail. I used to get it every day at 10am give or take 40 minutes. Now it's some time after 1:30pm if it does come at all. Then there's the issue of things getting stalled at locations for days and days. Simple items can take up to 2 weeks to get across the country now. My paychecks from 2 towns down can take 3-4 days some weeks. I complained and they said a lot of centers closed and they laid people off and merged routes. Just curious if this is more my location or is it nation-wide?

I've had issues with USPS for years in Greenpoint (Brooklyn). If you look up the consumer response to the Greenpoint station on Meserole, it's nothing but horror stories. If it's simple mail, things that can fit into the mail box, etc, it's generally OK, but whenever it's a package that needs to be signed for, I almost always have to go stand for hours in a line at the station to get it days later because the mail man won't ever ring the bell to be let in, no matter the time of day or how many times I call and complain. I've sat home from work for entire days only to go downstairs at any random time and see the "sorry we missed you" sign.

I've had issues with USPS for years in Greenpoint (Brooklyn). If you look up the consumer response to the Greenpoint station on Meserole, it's nothing but horror stories. If it's simple mail, things that can fit into the mail box, etc, it's generally OK, but whenever it's a package that needs to be signed for, I almost always have to go stand for hours in a line at the station to get it days later because the mail man won't ever ring the bell to be let in, no matter the time of day or how many times I call and complain. I've sat home from work for entire days only to go downstairs at any random time and see the "sorry we missed you" sign.

I've had that from UPS too.

Well in all honesty I don't get that much mail in the first place but I haven't noticed anything weird. You can't just get your paychecks at work?

My schedule is really erratic. For my regular job, I've switched over to direct deposit finally. For freelance/catering though, I rely on a handwritten check that's mailed from 2 towns over. I've also been ebaying a lot of stuff. And I do most of my shopping online. Most day's it's just annoying but other days like today, it's a major pain in the ass- especially considering the pay periods are both 2 weeks (sometimes 3).

I've had that from UPS too.

Same, but not nearly as often as with USPS. If I have my delivery of choice, it's FedEx or UPS for me, as both are, for the most part, worry-free. We even know our UPS driver by name, as he's delivered to us often enough to accommodate our requests, like leaving packages beneath our stoop, at the basement entrance, if no one answers. He'll even write on the back of the "sorry" sticker that it's there.

USPS though... nothing but nightmares.

I have been having issues with them as well. If it snows, no matter how much, we never get mail delivery that day. There is also at least 1 day a week where they never come, and for all of January we didnt get any mail at my house. My wife had ordered stuff from a company for work to do projects with her kids for valentines day. She got an email that it was supposed to be delivered by the 13th, and that it was out on the truck, and she didnt get it until the 14th because they never came to deliver mail o the 13th because of the snow. My post office is terrible. I also get shredded mail at least every other week in their sorry we ate your mail envelope.

I have been having issues with them as well. If it snows, no matter how much, we never get mail delivery that day. There is also at least 1 day a week where they never come, and for all of January we didnt get any mail at my house. My wife had ordered stuff from a company for work to do projects with her kids for valentines day. She got an email that it was supposed to be delivered by the 13th, and that it was out on the truck, and she didnt get it until the 14th because they never came to deliver mail o the 13th because of the snow. My post office is terrible. I also get shredded mail at least every other week in their sorry we ate your mail envelope.

:rofl:

I have this issue with UPS for the last 3 years.

In fact yesterday UPS placed my package on a wrong truck, original date of delivery was suppose to be 2/14.

Anyway, I am a principal person.. I called the shipper and told them to cancel the transaction or they can use fedex to ship my merchandise.

From now on, if I'm ordering something, I will be asking who they will use to ship my package. If it's UPS, I will not order.

I have this issue with UPS for the last 3 years.

In fact yesterday UPS placed my package on a wrong truck, original date of delivery was suppose to be 2/14.

Anyway, I am a principal person.. I called the shipper and told them to cancel the transaction or they can use fedex to ship my merchandise.

From now on, if I'm ordering something, I will be asking who they will use to ship my package. If it's UPS, I will not order.

Damn, I'm the opposite. I've had more issues with Fedex than UPS

I worked for UPS years back and delivered uniforms to Fed Ex years back so I have seen both operations in action behind the scenes. UPS is BY FAR the superior company. They are much more organized, have much better equipment, and their employees are, from what I've witnessed, much more qualified to perform the tasks at hand. Obviously every company is going to have their fair share of bad employees. I've had problems with UPS and Fed Ex before, but I have to say Fed Ex is absolutely terrible. I had a Fed Ex driver pull that "sorry we missed you" crap on me when I sat home all day waiting for the package. I had to drive to Fed Ex to pick up the package and was there for an hour or more because they were so unorganized.

USPS is a complete disaster for me. I just moved and still have problems. So it wasn't just my town. I'm onto another town and the same problems occur. I too do not receive mail when it snows.

Shipping something worth $300 tomorrow. UPS was going to cost me $15. USPS will cost me $10.

Taking my chances. Mostly because it's easier to print the label and just drop it off. UPS can be a pain in the ass in-store sometimes.

Really? The UPS store that I go to (Babylon NY) couldn't be any easier. I'm never in there for more than 5 minutes. Typically I'm in and out of there in less than a minute.

Archived