• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

I too, was traded to Columbus

chrros7

Living out here in the suburbs just north of Columbus,OH right between 2 lakes. Shopping for boats and actually loving it out here. So nice getting away from all the nonsense of NJ/NY area. Very pleasantly surprised out here. It's only been 2 months but so far, so good.

Oh, and hows this for a classy move? 2 free tickets to a BlueJackets game courtesy of the team. (I got the Vancouver game! "Hello again Mr. Tortorella, fancy meeting you here!)

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t596/chrros7/002_zps2463d212.jpg

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t596/chrros7/003_zps497781af.jpg

Wow - that's class right there. Also - really fucking awesome.

Go enjoy - and you can root for the Jackets, since they're basically the 2011 Rangers and they're sending you to a game against the Devils.

I guess you missed this part of his post instead of looking at the pictures. ;)

Oh, and hows this for a classy move? 2 free tickets to a BlueJackets game courtesy of the team. (I got the Vancouver game! "Hello again Mr. Tortorella, fancy meeting you here!)

I pay $2173 per ticket (41 games), comparable seat in Columbus $1699 (45 games)

Oct. 12th they have a TEAM POST GAME AUTOGRAPH SESSION!!!

Rangers would have an autograph session of Adam Graves, Brian Mullen, Rod Gilbert.

Yeah, and it would be the 100th time too.

"Hey, Adam, you've literally signed everything I own... here's my kid. Sign his forehead."

It just got a little sweeter too. I called today to get the seat assignments so I could buy 2 more tix for my daughters and they comped those 2 as well. He said the seats will be very good ones probably behind the vistors bench. 4 Free tix! Welcome to Columbus!

(btw, he said Dubinsky is his favorite player on the team, and that there is going to be a big buzz when the Rangers and Nash come to town. Good hockey vibes around here.)

Got out of NY about 5 months ago too, to Florida. The only thing I really miss is my friends, food (pizza namely), and good coffee. Much more quiet and laid back here. No more disgusting MTA, overpriced everything and so on. I'm also way healthier here since I don't drink or smoke as much (less bars and you have to drive everywhere). Got into mountain biking and have since been exploring all the trails around here. The weather was crappy during most of the summer, but now I have about 6 months of sun and low to mid 80's during the day. That's not to say Florida doesn't have it's own issues, but overall it's been a nice change.

NY is nice, but I urge everyone to go and visit as many states as you can or move for a little bit if you have the luxury. You'd be surprised how little you miss all the supposed good stuff about NY. It's mostly all excess anyway

Whenever I visit other states I think about how nice it is there and that I could live there. Then I think about what my life would be like day to day...No way. I'm an NYC guy.

But when I retire a move to the woods, on a lake, or the beach, is likely.

Whenever I visit other states I think about how nice it is there and that I could live there. Then I think about what my life would be like day to day...No way. I'm an NYC guy.

But when I retire a move to the woods, on a lake, or the beach, is likely.

But you "live" in Jersey now, in a pretty chill and pleasant suburb of NYC. I'm sure your social life/work (I'm guessing) is still revolved around NYC though. To me, if you are not residing in the 5 boroughs you are not living in NYC.

With all that said, I think you are living in one of the best spots for the bests of all worlds. I'd gladly live in that area.

But you "live" in Jersey now, in a pretty chill and pleasant suburb of NYC. I'm sure your social life/work (I'm guessing) is still revolved around NYC though. To me, if you are not residing in the 5 boroughs you are not living in NYC.

With all that said, I think you are living in one of the best spots for the bests of all worlds. I'd gladly live in that area.

Yea, that's true, but even when I lived in Brooklyn, I was a 25 minute drive to midtown. I'm still a 25 minute drive. And my area is a lot like a borough, not suburban at all. We walk everywhere. We do have to drive most places, but not like other areas in NJ.

In fact, we chose the area we're in because it "felt" like another borough.

But yea, technically I'm not in NYC, but my day to day life is no different than when I was. Easy transition for sure.

Yea, that's true, but even when I lived in Brooklyn, I was a 25 minute drive to midtown. I'm still a 25 minute drive. And my area is a lot like a borough, not suburban at all. We walk everywhere. We do have to drive most places, but not like other areas in NJ.

In fact, we chose the area we're in because it "felt" like another borough.

But yea, technically I'm not in NYC, but my day to day life is no different than when I was. Easy transition for sure.

:word:

Great spot. Close to NYC, the Jersey shore and higher elevations of NW NJ and Poconos. People like to rip on Jersey, but it has a lot to offer in the right place if you can handle the costs.

:word:

Great spot. Close to NYC, the Jersey shore and higher elevations of NW NJ and Poconos. People like to rip on Jersey, but it has a lot to offer in the right place if you can handle the costs.

Agree. And to elaborate, even though I'm in a suburb, my life is a lot more similar to BK than if I moved to work in Charlotte, or Atlanta (two places where I had opportunities to go) or even Chicago, and had to live in those suburbs of those cities. Am I making sense? LOL.

Got out of NY about 5 months ago too, to Florida. The only thing I really miss is my friends, food (pizza namely), and good coffee. Much more quiet and laid back here. No more disgusting MTA, overpriced everything and so on. I'm also way healthier here since I don't drink or smoke as much (less bars and you have to drive everywhere). Got into mountain biking and have since been exploring all the trails around here. The weather was crappy during most of the summer, but now I have about 6 months of sun and low to mid 80's during the day. That's not to say Florida doesn't have it's own issues, but overall it's been a nice change.

NY is nice, but I urge everyone to go and visit as many states as you can or move for a little bit if you have the luxury. You'd be surprised how little you miss all the supposed good stuff about NY. It's mostly all excess anyway

I couldn't disagree more. The simple fact that I would have to drive EVERYWHERE would be enough to madden me.

Agree. And to elaborate, even though I'm in a suburb, my life is a lot more similar to BK than if I moved to work in Charlotte, or Atlanta (two places where I had opportunities to go) or even Chicago, and had to live in those suburbs of those cities. Am I making sense? LOL.

Yup. Ironically, my wife and I had the option when moving out of central PA to move into the Philly suburbs or near Rahway, NJ for her job. She preferred PA for family reasons and the more "non-urban influenced" suburban lifestyle PA offered outside of Philly. Had we wanted to be in the thick of things we would have been living in your general area right now. We'd probably be somewhat worse off financially due to cost of living too.

I couldn't disagree more. The simple fact that I would have to drive EVERYWHERE would be enough to madden me.

I thought the same thing, but most states don't have the ridiculous traffic or drivers that NY does and driving is actually quite pleasant. Better seat than anything on the MTA, music blasting, AC/heat on... I'd honestly take my car 100 times out of 100 over the MTA right now. The only thing that sucks is it's not as nearly as cheap as getting a monthly metro card and you can't get blasted when going out drinking. But I think I'm past that point anyway

Archived