• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vince Gilligan Credits Netflix for Breaking Bad Success

Fuhgeddaboudit

I'd figure, the cheaper you pay for the services you actually want...the less likely you are to consume yourself in TV.

I watch a lot of TV because I pay more for the whole bundle of television we get.

Well, it's good you get the value out of what you pay for. A lot of people don't - like paying for 1000 channels and watching something like NBC, ABC, and CBS every night.

Personally, I don't watch much TV, so I don't get value out of it.

Well, it's good you get the value out of what you pay for. A lot of people don't.

Right which is why I think picking and choosing is better. You pay less, watch it when you can because you don't care that much for the expense.

At least that's how I see it.

Right which is why I think picking and choosing is better. You pay less, watch it when you can because you don't care that much for the expense.

At least that's how I see it.

Of course it's better for us, as consumers. It's not better for cable companies because they make more money off people who just buy packages they don't need. Pretty simple.

Well, it's good you get the value out of what you pay for. A lot of people don't - like paying for 1000 channels and watching something like NBC, ABC, and CBS every night.

I don't even have a box in my room anymore, I gave it to my sister. I watch a lot less T.V. then I used to. I watch AMC and HBO on Sunday, and sporting events throughout the week. The rest is usually on Netflix/Youtube.

I don't really welcome a world where people can watch TV anywhere at any time. It actually seems extremely detrimental to society as a whole

That's not likely to be the case. You will still have a core base where air-time matters, but my point is that the larger trend right now is mobile and tablet content delivery. Any company who refuses to accept this trend is going to go the way of BlackBerry.

As a result of this trend, the "single payer" thing I mentioned earlier will be tabled, but that's a larger discussion that's going to have overarching influence on the price control debate.

People who are going to watch TV that much, are going to do so anyway. I seriously doubt that online services will increase that.

Yes, but those people should be relegated to their man-cave...Not the bar, the train, work, cars, supermarkets.

Put the boob-tube away. Ya boob.

Yes, but those people should be relegated to their man-cave...Not the bar, the train, work, cars, supermarkets.

Put the boob-tube away. Ya boob.

Eh, live and let live. I couldn't care less if I'm at a bar watching a game and the guy next to me is on YouTube. So long as he isn't disturbing me, I don't care.

I have been with my company for 3 years now..... The difference is amazing. When I first got into the office, people would speak to me all the time in the lunch room.

Now I have one coworker watching boardwalk empire or an HBO show on HBO, I have one coworker playing avengers game on his iPhone, another one trying to show the Avengers guy to watch this Colbert report snippet.

It's pretty sad

Not everyone likes people enough to do this. ;)

Then stay away from social settings. :)

Even with I'm out with friends sometimes, and EVERYONE has their phone out, I send a group text of a fat nacked chick. Put your fuckin phone down when you're at a table full of people.

Imagine they all had TVs?

Then stay away from social settings. :)

Even with I'm out with friends sometimes, and EVERYONE has their phone out, I send a group text of a fat nacked chick. Put your fuckin phone down when you're at a table full of people.

Imagine they all had TVs?

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I actually hate when people have their phone out in a social setting, period. It's aggravating. Get up and go use your phone if you need to. We're here talking, conversing. I have no desire to stare at you staring into your phone.

Nothing pisses me off faster than trying to talk to someone who's texting someone else. I'll usually walk away.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I actually hate when people have their phone out in a social setting, period. It's aggravating. Get up and go use your phone if you need to. We're here talking, conversing. I have no desire to stare at you staring into your phone.

Nothing pisses me off faster than trying to talk to someone who's texting someone else. I'll usually walk away.

Agreed, ppl today seriously need to RELEARN how to socialize without constant messing around with their smart phones etc. Sometimes you need to just turn it off and enjoy the moment.

First three, actually. Derek is going to be a rousing success, even though it's only seven episodes.

Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are both already critically acclaimed.

Both of them are awesome, cant wait for house of cards season 2

Netflix is where i started on a ton of shows. BrBa, SOA, Parks and Rec, Psych, White Collar, Burn Notice and the 3rd season of ATLA i never finished.

I remember the good old days when me and some friends would start up Netflix on the xbox, start up the party feature, and kill 3 or 4 hours watching random shit. Netflix needs to bring that shit back.

Archived