• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

He was drafted by Nashville in the expansion draft but I believe something to do with RFA rights prevented that from happening. This happened twice in some capacity or another.

We're actually both correct, I just had the wrong decade. Pretty crazy it happen to him twice. I don't recall the Nashville thing at all.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/the-one-day-that-mike-richter-was-a-member-of-the-edmonton-oilers

Link:https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1189201370940870656

Emphasizes what JD talked about before the season. Hartford needs to be a place for development but also needs to be successful so it feels like they're achieving something. Hartford is off to a good start and a few players have benefited.

Link:https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1189201370940870656

Emphasizes what JD talked about before the season. Hartford needs to be a place for development but also needs to be successful so it feels like they're achieving something. Hartford is off to a good start and a few players have benefited.

That's great to read. It's amazing how long it's been since they fielded a genuinely competitive team, let alone one with developing young players. We're miles from the Corey Potter days.

with Chytil and Lindgren called up (hopefully to stay), Hartford may not be a great team anymore.

of course, Shesterkin will carry them to glory

I think next year will be different. Rangers currently have 9 prospects playing in Europe (Kravtsov, Reunanen, Pajuniemi, Aaltonen, Lundkvist, Henriksson, Lindblom, Sjalin, Ragnarsson), I would think atleast some of them will come over and play AHL next year. Including Barron, Rykov and maybe Miller or Robertson.

I've only checked a handful. A lingering through KHL/MHL due to lack of age restrictions. Some came from KHL/MHL and still played jr. Very few played only jr. A little less than half played KHL

In order of popularity:

KHL

Both KHL + junior hockey

Very few:

Only junior hockey

Only NCAA

I've only checked a handful. A lingering through KHL/MHL due to lack of age restrictions. Some came from KHL/MHL and still played jr. Very few played only jr. A little less than half played KHL

In order of popularity:

KHL

Both KHL + junior hockey

Very few:

Only junior hockey

Only NCAA

No, I mean how many Russian AHLers from KHL? Not many. All came through junior first... And no 19 year old former KHLers in AHL... Right?

I looked through a bunch of AHLers from Russia, and where they previously played. Very few ONLY played junior. Those that played junior, usually played in the KHL prior
But age matters.

My point is no 19 year old Russians went from KHL to AHL... The Russians in AHL are older and/or came from junior.

The idea that Kravtsov should have made that leap... Is... Well... A leap.

OK, I'll buy that, but, why fuck him over? Why not be honest and tell him he's going to start in Hartford? That's obviously not what they did, or...

Why couldn't they pay him NHL money in the AHL on a one-way? Why not flex your financial muscle this way? Seems like a no-brainer.

Ultimately it was a total waste of time for Kravtsov and has spawned some bad blood despite the spin they're putting on it.

Part of me hopes he stays in Russia as a Fuck You to the Rangers who are supposed to be professional hockey player developers, but in reality they don't do that job any better than you or I could just winging it.

We probably won't get the whole story for a few years, but when it comes out it won't surprise me to learn that they lied to him 100%.

OK, I'll buy that, but, why fuck him over? Why not be honest and tell him he's going to start in Hartford? That's obviously not what they did, or...

Why couldn't they pay him NHL money in the AHL on a one-way? Why not flex your financial muscle this way? Seems like a no-brainer.

Ultimately it was a total waste of time for Kravtsov and has spawned some bad blood despite the spin they're putting on it.

Part of me hopes he stays in Russia as a Fuck You to the Rangers who are supposed to be professional hockey player developers, but in reality they don't do that job any better than you or I could just winging it.

We probably won't get the whole story for a few years, but when it comes out it won't surprise me to learn that they lied to him 100%.

If Kravtsov didn't have a 2 way, that's on his agent. Not the rangers.

I don't know why you're painting him a victim. Maybe the Rangers wanted to see if he made the big club? You're assuming they had negative intent with zero proof. They gave him every chance to make the team. He played every preseason game, IIRC.

Throughout this whole thing I've yet to hear you acknowledge if you think he should be on the team over:

Panarin

Buchnevich

Kreider

Kakko

Names

Lemiuex

Fast

Strome (accounting that Strome was a center at the time)

Because he wasn't competing with Smith, Haley, McKegg or any other 4th liner...and be wasn't competing with centers because he's not one.

So there were 8 wings for 6 spots...he'd have to have shredded camp and lit the world on fire. He and his agent had to have known that coming over...and he didn't rip it up.

All of this is really on him.

• Like 1