• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How a Key Opens a Lock

Pete

I knew it was something like that, but it's so awesome seeing it.

Wonder if they have a gif when the key doesn't necessarily go, or fit. I can visualize it in my head, but it'd be cool to see.

Well take a look at the gif, the pins that must line up for the lock to open would not line up and the lock would be "stuck" because there would be one or more pins that do not allow the lock mechanism to turn.

how fucked up would it be if we saw shit that was normally invisible, like electronic transmissions or even something as simple as wind.

I love when you can see heat, because it changes the air around the source. Like roads in the summer.

Do you have a gif like this about telephones? Especially telephone wires. How does my voice travel through a line?

when you speak into the microphone the sound is hitting the diaphragm and moving it, this movement is dependent on the frequency of the sound wave and the distance of the magnet from the coil determines the voltage output. This voltage is then sent down the wire to the other phone where the reverse happens in the speaker(the sound depends on the voltage you are being sent).

digital phones i have no idea about honestly, I really like analog stuff even tho it is less efficient.

Archived