• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Need Suit for Interview/Networking

Fuhgeddaboudit

• 2 months later...

I went to Lord & Taylor today and got 3 Ralph Lauren suits for like $400 total. The regular price for them was $600 each, but they were marked down to $370, then they're having a sale, so they were out for $150, and my mom had an extra 20% off coupon.

Something some of you guys may want to check out if you have the time

I would get a suit at Zara and then just have it fixed by a tailor. Their suits look nice and are modern looking and are at a fair price.

I would stay away from mens warehouse. Had two experiences with them and both were awful. I also think it was Harris who said they fucked him over too.

I went to Lord & Taylor today and got 3 Ralph Lauren suits for like $400 total. The regular price for them was $600 each, but they were marked down to $370, then they're having a sale, so they were out for $150, and my mom had an extra 20% off coupon.

holy crap is this sale still on?

Dammit Jimmy, too fuckin' swag.

I would stay away from mens warehouse. Had two experiences with them and both were awful. I also think it was Harris who said they fucked him over too.

yup they fucked over my uncle for my cousin's wedding. Rented a tux from them and they forgot to put the shirt in the bag, so he had to run to a random Jersey store an hour before the wedding to find a shirt. Sure it was partly his fault for not checking to see if everything was in order, but it still should have been in the bag in the first place

I have a Bar III suit that fits me almost perfectly that I bought based on a recommendation at Macy's. It's a Macy's brand, but it was better quality and fit better than almost anything else there at the time, and I made sure to go through at least 7-10 suits. Totally not worth it at the original price of like $500+, but you can typically find them at less than half that price. I got mine for around $200 which I thought was a great value. YMMV though

I think this is the one I have:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-suit-separates-dark-charcoal-slim-fit?ID=647664&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

EDIT: D'oh, just realized this thread is old. Nm

I have a Bar III suit that fits me almost perfectly that I bought based on a recommendation at Macy's. It's a Macy's brand, but it was better quality and fit better than almost anything else there at the time, and I made sure to go through at least 7-10 suits. Totally not worth it at the original price of like $500+, but you can typically find them at less than half that price. I got mine for around $200 which I thought was a great value. YMMV though

I think this is the one I have:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-suit-separates-dark-charcoal-slim-fit?ID=647664&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

EDIT: D'oh, just realized this thread is old. Nm

Doesn't matter, I still need one. I didn't get the interview so I didn't necessarily have to get one right away.

Archived