• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[VIDEO] US Soldier Intentionally Exposes Position To Assist Imperiled Squad

Jules

Incredible stuff. What courage and how incredibly large and humongous big his balls of steel must be. This guy deserves a medal.

During Intense Gunfight in Afghanistan, US Soldier Intentionally Exposes His Position to Draw Fire Away from Imperiled Squad

[video=youtube;rLHU-_OhT8g]

An unnamed US soldier and his squad were engaged in intel gathering and reconnaissance near a village in Afghanistan's ultra-violent Kunar Province when they suddenly came under heavy machine gun fire from Taliban insurgents.

With the rest of his squad "pinned down," the soldier decided to step out into the open "to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face.

A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless.

Happily, no bullets managed to penetrate his body armor and he suffered no permanent injuries.

Source: http://gawker.com/5946720/during-intense-gunfight-in-afghanistan-us-soldier-intentionally-exposes-his-position-to-draw-fire-away-from-imperiled-squad

Archived