• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

***The Official Hat, Cap and Headwear Thread***

Since Summer has officially fallen upon us and headwear is something many of us rock to compliment what we wear or just ad a bit of shade, I figured I'd get an official headwear thread started.

I'd like to officially start this off by asking: Do we have anyone in the audience who has any experience with the New Era 59FIFTY low crown hats? I usually just fit 59FIFTY's to my head as best I can, but recently found out you can get the on the field authentic caps in a low crown option, which is exactly what I need. I don't have a deep head, so the overly big front side is something I don't need. Unfortunately, it seems hard to get in store so I'm a bit weary of buying before I try, anyone care to offer any insight? If you do own one, did you have to size up so as to adjust to lesser necessity of curving the cap?

I love wearing hats.

In terms of the style (since I'm now an old fart) I stay away from flat-brim hats. Give me an old school "The Game" hat and I'm happy.

http://images.ecampus.com/images/l/2/001/003209022001.jpg

Yes, I've had a Shockers hat since college.

Otherwise, I wear a few NY Giants Super Bowl hats and a few from Pacific Sunwear (Billabong, Hurley)

http://images2.pacsun.com/is/servlet/izoom/PacSunProducts/4059457_01?$cj_product$

I don't care what hat any of you wear, just so long as you curl the fuckin' rim.

Every time I see suburban white kids wearing those 59fifty hats with straight rims and the stupid sticker still stuck on it I just want to run up, crease it, and run off laughing.

I don't care what hat any of you wear, just so long as you curl the fuckin' rim.

Every time I see suburban white kids wearing those 59fifty hats with straight rims and the stupid sticker still stuck on it I just want to run up, crease it, and run off laughing.

Uh oh......you likely ruffled some feathers here.

I hear ya though.....maybe it's a biproduct of age. I just don't see anything alluring about straight rims on a white dude.

But Phil, if I take the stickers off, how will people know I'm swag?

Are you going to have time to rip off the price tag off their Jordans too?

Where can I get a du-rag with a Stanley Cup on the top of it to wear this summer?

Probably LA. Or some side street in China-town.

Archived