• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

New cast member coming:

http://tvline.com/2013/10/11/the-walking-dead-season-4-michael-cudlitz-sgt-abraham-ford/#!1/twd-eugene-porter/

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/m_cudlitz.jpg?w=625

Southland?s Officer John Cooper has been promoted to Sergeant. That?s the good news. The bad news is he?s been reassigned to the zombie apocalypse!

The Walking Dead has tapped Michael Cudlitz to join the Season 4 cast in the pivotal comic book role of Sgt. Abraham Ford, TVLine has learned exclusively.

There still isn?t much Cudlitz can reveal about the gig, except that he will turn up at some point in Season 4 (by our calculations, probably around midseason) and, much like his comic counterpart, ?Abraham is someone who comes with a lot of emotional baggage. And he?s on a mission.?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Things;

1) I just watched the last 3 episodes from season 3, just last week and watched the finale, Sunday afternoon. Think what i avoided

to accomplish that feat!

2) That was boring, for a big season opener. Also the kid did thank Daryl, for the deer he caught the other day.. RUH ROH RAGGY!

• Like 1

Not trying to be a contrarian here. I hardly enjoyed watching that episode. Matter of fact, in comparison to every other episode of the series, I thought it just plain sucked. I felt nothing. No suspense, no emotion. That whole thing with the Michael Jackson corpse lady was out of no where and did nothing for me. What was the reason behind that whole shitty scene?

The kid stumbling off into some random area of the prison and dying like that? Fuck I saw that whole thing coming as soon as he coughed. Even the way they all got caught in the convenience store.. as soon as they showed the zombies on the roof you knew what was going to happen. I mean the scene with the blonde girl and her boyfriend.. you knew the boyfriend is not coming back from the trip to town.

Completely predictable. Overdramatic with that stupid scene in the woods. And on top of it all, how many commercial breaks did they have like 9? They cut to commercial at 9:18 then cut to ANOTHER commercial at 9:27. Beginning commercials just 9 minutes apart. Like what the fuck? They've whored this show out so much. After watching a show like Breaking Bad conclude, this just seems like it was written for a simpleton. Nothing surprising nor thought-provoking happened. Seems like they're way too caught between writing a drama and writing it as a kind of corny comic book series.

Oh another example of how shitty it was. The way the blonde girl reacted to the death of her boyfriend.. like WE GET IT... it's a tough world and these kids have now become hardened so that they dont cry over stuff anymore. We get it. You dont have to hammer it into my face with this girl's shitty acting.

You may write this whole post off as being cynical or whatever but I just praised the hell out of Breaking Bad and the Americans. I'm watching like 5 series that I love and this one is starting to look like shit in comparison.

/rant

I was pretty disappointed with it, as well.

I have to say, I think I'm over it. The wife was watching it, I had half an eye on it, but I'm done with it. Looked sorta boring, Zombies didn't look well done, the supermarket scene looked highly unlikely, Rick following the girl was highly suspect, it's lost something. The script now looks like a work in progress, whereas before it seemed like it had an end game.

I give the show a benefit of a doubt, so I'm thinking there were a lot of messages/foreshadowing hidden within the boring and predictable storyline of last night's episode.

Agreed. That episode set up sooo much for the remaining episodes to answer. Is the virus air-born? What happens in the prison with everyone sleeping and a walker? Who are these new people and how will they factor in? Seeing their "government" was pretty cool. And so much more.

It was a slightly slow episode but I think sometimes these type of episodes are needed to set things up for the future, every episode can't be complete chaos.

I'm still mesmerized by this show, people stuck in a zombie infested post apocalypse type of world trying to stay alive....I just don't think I can ever stop watching it.

its 2 episodes in. they aren't going to cram all of the excitement at the start and have a dull finish to the season.

people were complaining after the first episode as if all the answers were going to be revealed and all the excitement of the season was going to be in the first episode of the season.

They are definitely setting up for an exciting season. They also definitely needed to kill of some extras lol

its funny, in an episode where a zombie child ate a guys neck its the scene of killing a pig that hits hard. Don't worry I felt it too lol

:rofl: totally true. I'm almost totally immune to feeling anything with humans dying. The pigs though... right in the fuckin' feels, man.