• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Had to put one of my cats down today. I know I know, most automatically say it’s just a cat or being a dog person or whatever but he was my little buddy. We rescued him about 9 years ago when we saw him crawling around my neighborhood as a kitten with its back legs not working well and a broken tail. He just looked like such a fighter and at first wanted no part in our help but after me carrying him around from food to litter to rest for two straight weeks until he healed earned his trust I guess. From that moment on, he was my sidekick everywhere in the house. Hated my wife oddly but loved me til no end. Cats do such a good job hiding any illness until it’s the bitter end so it came so quickly. We tried but just wasn’t going to work putting him through any more pain and he looked ready. Spent my last night with him yesterday and I feel gutted. Next few weeks are going to feel so weird just not having him try to drink my water, or try to lay on my lap on the couch, or find his little niche in the bed.

Man o man it’s really funny when you think of a pet. You can rescue them , save their life, or give them shelter but it’s the pet that can really rescue us sometimes and make you feel like your home isn’t a home without them in it. Thanks for listening and I urge every one of you to just do one thing extra nice for your pet tomorrow in honor of my buddy Grant. Thanks for listening.

Also got poison ivy in my eye. Fuck that plant I look worse than Lindgren does after a 7 game home stand.

• Like 2

Had to put one of my cats down today. I know I know, most automatically say it’s just a cat or being a dog person or whatever but he was my little buddy. We rescued him about 9 years ago when we saw him crawling around my neighborhood as a kitten with its back legs not working well and a broken tail. He just looked like such a fighter and at first wanted no part in our help but after me carrying him around from food to litter to rest for two straight weeks until he healed earned his trust I guess. From that moment on, he was my sidekick everywhere in the house. Hated my wife oddly but loved me til no end. Cats do such a good job hiding any illness until it’s the bitter end so it came so quickly. We tried but just wasn’t going to work putting him through any more pain and he looked ready. Spent my last night with him yesterday and I feel gutted. Next few weeks are going to feel so weird just not having him try to drink my water, or try to lay on my lap on the couch, or find his little niche in the bed.

Man o man it’s really funny when you think of a pet. You can rescue them , save their life, or give them shelter but it’s the pet that can really rescue us sometimes and make you feel like your home isn’t a home without them in it. Thanks for listening and I urge every one of you to just do one thing extra nice for your pet tomorrow in honor of my buddy Grant. Thanks for listening.

Also got poison ivy in my eye. Fuck that plant I look worse than Lindgren does after a 7 game home stand.

I am sorry man. Losing a pet is always tough. Especially being at home and being used to having them around the corner or around you and they are not there suddenly.

So sorry to hear that, Keith. In the right circumstances, pets are family so there's no reason to feel strange for loving a pet so much. It sounds like you ended up giving Grant a second chance at having a good life and that's what matters most. The effect a pet can have can't be understated. They really are companions in the truest form.

Sorry about your kitty, K!

You gave him life, and he did the same in return...He'll be looking out for you from another realm, that's all :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that. Not looking forward to this day for our pets.

very sad. RIP!