• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bruins Will Not Qualify Nick Ritchie; of Interest to Rangers?

Phil

Problem is he's a LW, and this really exacerbates the issue with Kreider on the depth chart. If Lafreniere is moving right, as has been suggested, though, it's doable.

Panarin / Kreider / Ritchie down the left side. Goodrow in the middle on the third line + a RW yet to be determined. Likely Blais?

Problem is he's a LW, and this really exacerbates the issue with Kreider on the depth chart. If Lafreniere is moving right, as has been suggested, though, it's doable.

Panarin / Kreider / Ritchie down the left side. Goodrow in the middle on the third line + a RW yet to be determined. Likely Blais?

I'd be surprised if Blais wasn't a right wing for us, especially if we want him to hit and shoot more than cycle, if Goodrow is the center who can we throw there, DiGuiseppe haha? And I like DiGuiseppe, but he's a 13th on this team if it is a contender.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It would if we had the money for him but with our wingers and upcoming contracts I doubt it. Maybe if we hadn't gotten Goodrow. I imagine he gets more than Barclay though.

Why do you think he gets more than Barclay? Pretty similar stat line but Goodrow can take draws and apparently you have to pay for his 2 rings..

Was Drury sleeping on this? Ritchie probably comes in cheaper and a hell of a lot less term than Goodrow. Probably a better fir than Blais...

Sorry to keep harping on it, but I am scared Drury is in over his head already.

Blais would be fourth line there. Shifting Lafreniere to RW is knocking one of Kakko or Kravstov down to that third line.

I'd be in on Khaira instead who can play wing or center. Ritchie brings more offensive talent, but Khaira can actually play in defensive situations. He's also a little bit more of a heavyweight than Ritchie who normally picks bouts with smaller opponents.

Blais would be fourth line there. Shifting Lafreniere to RW is knocking one of Kakko or Kravstov down to that third line.

I'd be in on Khaira instead who can play wing or center. Ritchie brings more offensive talent, but Khaira can actually play in defensive situations. He's also a little bit more of a heavyweight than Ritchie who normally picks bouts with smaller opponents.

I generally agree - though I'm not entirely sure why Ritchie signs with us anyway. We haven't got room for him to be a mid six wing and his numbers are strong enough to make the argument that he's at least a top 9 LW.

Khaira fits a better need.

Why do you think he gets more than Barclay? Pretty similar stat line but Goodrow can take draws and apparently you have to pay for his 2 rings..

Was Drury sleeping on this? Ritchie probably comes in cheaper and a hell of a lot less term than Goodrow. Probably a better fir than Blais...

Sorry to keep harping on it, but I am scared Drury is in over his head already.

I don’t think he gets a ton more but he’s 3 years younger and was pacing about 20 goals this past season with pp time as well. A bit more offensive upside and hasn’t hit his exact “prime” yet.

I generally agree - though I'm not entirely sure why Ritchie signs with us anyway. We haven't got room for him to be a mid six wing and his numbers are strong enough to make the argument that he's at least a top 9 LW.

Khaira fits a better need.

the goal of the off-season is to change the character. Ritchie does that. Khaira is just boring. Don't need another Rooney that can't move up the lineup.

Yes, very curious that it has come to this for Boston when he is an irritating and effective player.

They qualified him for expansion draft, then pulled it.

At 2m qualifying offer, and the rumors that he’s looking for 4m+ per, it was an easier decision to make. They have a bunch of players that can fill that role with them, and have important line up spots to fill.

His agent must be as big of an a-hole as he is.

It's a smart management move for the Bruins. If they go through the QO process, he's arbitration eligible, and will certainly get more than $2m in that decision. Now, he becomes a FA tomorrow and they can re-sign him for less than that - if that's where he wants to be. Trading him would mean no shot at re-signing him for less than the QO.

Now he gets to pick between money (potentially) at the team of his choice, or stays in Boston for less.