• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Making Front Office Changes; Bobrov Gone, Gordie Clark Demoted?

Phil

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/team/front-office

--

Nick Bobrov, the former Director of European Scouting, is no longer listed as with the organization.

Gordie Clark, the former Director of Scouting, is now apparently just a Pro Scout.

Chris Morehouse, JD's son-in-law, is still Director of North American Scouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link:

--

Brooks confirming Bobrov has left the org. No confirmation yet on Clark.

https://media.tenor.com/images/0d1c3711e4e2e43d530019ef365e4d77/tenor.gif

Probably just the nhl website being garbage and not having accurate info. They usually don’t make changes without some sort of official announcement preceding it.

I doubt it. These are moves that make sense to me.

With the significant change in the front office, you're seeing some loyalists jump ship and some old guard get put out to pasture. Bobrov was brought in by Gorton after they had worked together in Boston. I assume Bobrov will get pulled along to Gorton's next gig. I'd expect Morehouse to do the same with JD, considering he left Columbus to come here. They probably just need someone to run the show, and Morehouse is likely just along through the draft. The same goes for JD's brother, Marshall, who's also a scout.

It's also just been time for Clark to step aside. It seemed like he had been working in tandem with a number of successors over the years, but Gorton jumped all the way to GM and Bobrov is now out of the organization. I get the impression that Bobrov was running more of the show the last few years. Life as a pro scout will probably be easier on him.

This is huge for the Rangers organization. We haven't seen this much turnover in scouting in years, and even then, nothing of this magnitude. Head of Player Development/Head Scout, Head European Scout, Head North American Scout, and likely 1-2 other scouting vacancies. Drury is definitely getting the opportunity to build the team in his vision.

Bobrov was the best guy we had working for us. This makes it seem like we just won't draft Euros now. I don't think I like where Drury is going with this.

He's been in the job for six years. Who, exactly, has he been responsible for that wasn't obvious? Kravtsov, I guess? Kakko was a consensus pick. Going back to 2015, the closest non-first rounder even sniffing the NHL is Reunanen. Let's not make this out to be something it's probably not.

I doubt it. These are moves that make sense to me.

With the significant change in the front office, you're seeing some loyalists jump ship and some old guard get put out to pasture. Bobrov was brought in by Gorton after they had worked together in Boston. I assume Bobrov will get pulled along to Gorton's next gig. I'd expect Morehouse to do the same with JD, considering he left Columbus to come here. They probably just need someone to run the show, and Morehouse is likely just along through the draft. The same goes for JD's brother, Marshall, who's also a scout.

It's also just been time for Clark to step aside. It seemed like he had been working in tandem with a number of successors over the years, but Gorton jumped all the way to GM and Bobrov is now out of the organization. I get the impression that Bobrov was running more of the show the last few years. Life as a pro scout will probably be easier on him.

This is huge for the Rangers organization. We haven't seen this much turnover in scouting in years, and even then, nothing of this magnitude. Head of Player Development/Head Scout, Head European Scout, Head North American Scout, and likely 1-2 other scouting vacancies. Drury is definitely getting the opportunity to build the team in his vision.

But isn't this bad? Considering all the late round European players who have been making their way here? Feels like they are losing a key cog to this teams scouting. This might be a bad thing.

Kakko

Pajuniemi

Edstrom

Lundkvist

Kravtsov

Chytil

Andersson

Reunenen

Huska

Saarela

These are guys drafted while he was here. Couple of wait and sees. Not like they hit HRs with the NA picks. There's a fuck ton of who and why's throughout.

But isn't this bad? Considering all the late round European players who have been making their way here? Feels like they are losing a key cog to this teams scouting. This might be a bad thing.

Lias Anderson.

All kidding aside. We are left to speculate; I can only imagine there is a legitimate reason for these changes and not just Drury being rash in his decision making.

The draft isn't for another 2 months

Yes, but the draft is coming and a guynwho scouted for the season is leaving. You'd think management had a agenda in what they asked him to scout for. He must have some analysis on such requests. But now they have nothing. Right before the draft.

Everyone scouted via video this year. No one was in rinks.

Don't really see the issue and I'm pretty happy guys like Clark are gone. He should have been fired for McIlrath.

Every team drafts busts. Clark has a pretty good batting average as head scout.

That said, I'm not concerned either. It feels like Drury has a plan. And, hell, you don't need scouts if you intend on trading all your picks anyway.

Every team drafts busts. Clark has a pretty good batting average as head scout.

That said, I'm not concerned either. It feels like Drury has a plan. And, hell, you don't need scouts if you intend on trading all your picks anyway.

I don't agree at all, every team drafts busts but they don't always leave a players who's (A) organizational need and (B) a clearly superior player on the board.

McIlrath aside, Clark left too many drafts with absolutely not enough NHL talent. Starting in 2008, the first draft Clarke ran after coming on in July 2007, the Rangers drafted:

3 NHLers in '08 (DZ, Stepan, Weise)

1 in '09 (Kreider)

1 on '10 (Fast)

1 in '11 (Miller)

1.5 in '12 (Skjei and Nieves)

Then they went a long time with no 1sts or seconds and did well enough with guys like Buch, Duclair, Shesty...Then it goes right back off a cliff with Lias, still debatable drafting Krav over Wahlstrom (although I feel better about it than I did on draft day...Or a year ago, TBH)...then we start getting gifts with Kakko and Laf.

Clarke's legacy is pretty spotty IMO.

I don't agree at all, every team drafts busts but they don't always leave a players who's (A) organizational need and (B) a clearly superior player on the board.

McIlrath aside, Clark left too many drafts with absolutely not enough NHL talent. Starting in 2008, the first draft Clarke ran after coming on in July 2007, the Rangers drafted:

3 NHLers in '08 (DZ, Stepan, Weise)

1 in '09 (Kreider)

1 on '10 (Fast)

1 in '11 (Miller)

1.5 in '12 (Skjei and Nieves)

Then they went a long time with no 1sts or seconds and did well enough with guys like Buch, Duclair, Shesty...Then it goes right back off a cliff with Lias, still debatable drafting Krav over Wahlstrom (although I feel better about it than I did on draft day...Or a year ago, TBH)...then we start getting gifts with Kakko and Laf.

Clarke's legacy is pretty spotty IMO.

Yeah. Agree with that assessment.

He’s by no means awful. But spotty is definitely a fair word to describe his record.

Some pretty big misses on some guys, especially Lias and McIlrath with top-10 picks.

And as said, several instances where he didn’t come away with enough in individual draft classes.

That said, he ultimately didn’t have the final say or make the decision on who actually got picked, but GM’s make selections based on scouting reports and evaluations.