• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | NDFR | (N1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marner for Seth Jones, or something like that. Jones has got to be an obvious target for the Leafs.

I'm only disappointed that with ridiculous Canadian covid restrictions, they couldn't have the usual camera shots of the thousands of Leafs fans in the outdoor viewing area. They would have been priceless.

54 years not only without a cup but not even in the finals. At least we lost in the finals three times during our 54 years.

There have been many up 3-1 collapses, but rarely against such an inferior opponent who the team up had totally dominated in going up 3-1. This is as bad as when they blew the the Seventh Game up by two with two minutes left against Boston.

The only Leafs fan I feel bad for is Jackie Redmond, who has to maintain a smile through this.

Yeah, the no Finals appearances in that time is pretty amazing too. I mean, the Leafs win 13 Stanley Cups from their inception through 1967 when it was mostly a Mickey Mouse six team league where there were territorial rights for a lot of the best players. Then from 1968-1992 it's mostly garbage. We think Dolan is bad but the Ballard era in Toronto was on another level of brutal and embarrassing for that franchise. Then in 1993 they get moved to the Western Conference only to have to face Wayne Gretzky and the Kings and lose in a Game 7 heartbreaker. The late 90's they didn't do anything really. The early 2000's was a good chance for them to end the drought when they had Belfour and some really good teams for a few years there. Then more nothing from about 2005 until a few years ago when they're able to stockpile young talent with Matthews, Marner. etc. with another epic collapse in 2013 right before that. Just brutal.

Yeah, the no Finals appearances in that time are pretty amazing too. I mean, the Leafs win 13 Stanley Cups from their inception through 1967 when it was mostly a Mickey Mouse six-team league where there were territorial rights for a lot of the best players. Then from 1968-1992, it's mostly garbage. We think Dolan is bad but the Ballard era in Toronto was on another level of brutal and embarrassing for that franchise. Then in 1993, they get moved to the Western Conference only to have to face Wayne Gretzky and the Kings and lose in a Game 7 heartbreaker. In the late 90's they didn't do anything really. The early 2000s was a good chance for them to end the drought when they had Belfour and some really good teams for a few years there. Then more nothing from about 2005 until a few years ago when they're able to stockpile young talent with Matthews, Marner. etc. with another epic collapse in 2013 right before that. Just brutal.

Just take a look at all the crap that occurred in the Ballard era after 1967, and their best season since '67 was when they came close to making the Stanley Cup Final in 1993 with Gilmour and Clark with Pat Burns as their coach, and it took a high-stick non-call and a devasting Game 7 loss against Gretzky and the Kings.

Now, with all of the talent they have, where is the heart for the Maple Leafs? They just crumbled under the adversity and the pressure of the Ballard Curse.

1993 was the best year for that franchise after 1967.

Just take a look at all the crap that occurred in the Ballard era after 1967, and their best season since '67 was when they came close to making the Stanley Cup Final in 1993 with Gilmour and Clark with Pat Burns as their coach, and it took a high-stick non-call and a devasting Game 7 loss against Gretzky and the Kings.

Now, with all of the talent they have, where is the heart for the Maple Leafs? They just crumbled under the adversity and the pressure of the Ballard Curse

Yeah, exactly. That was an absolutely embarrassing performance on home ice by the team as a whole and especially your top players. Considering another collapse and to Montreal on top of that, I'm expecting some heads to roll and changes to be made. I wish I could listen to sports talk radio in Toronto today. lol

Yeah, the early '90s and early 2000s were their best chances to win the Cup. I did want them to win with Sundin because I liked him, but yeah, just fell short. I did like most of those Leafs teams from those time periods, though.

Sundin was a talent for Toronto, yet the closest they got to the Cup with him was 2002 when they lost to the Hurricanes in 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals. And they had stellar goaltending at that time: Potvin, CuJo, and Belfour.

For a game 7 the Leafs looked like they were afraid to make a mistake and another crushing blow to this franchise. Now what and who are they going to try and get rid of with all you money tied up in Marner, Matthews, Nylander and Taveares?

Even though this was last year, this is even more applicable now for the Maple Leafs' collapse against Montreal (but with their "Captain" injured).

You think this is bad? Watch Dangle's LFR.