• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If They Fire Quinn, When?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the replacement debate. If they fire Quinn and the replacement isn't Knoblach then they really are morons. He was a rising star as a coach to begin with, connects with younger players better and is way more likable and consistent to all of his players.

The star players basically turned their seasons around when he stepped in and then simply carried that momentum after. It was no coincidence. Quinn was always a stupid hire, so it's already obvious they are stupid. A college coach to coach a bunch of skilled Euros? Choosing Quinn over Sheldon Keefe in the first place was a colossal mistake. But then again we wouldn't have Kakko and Laf that way, so let's just make it right now that we can.

MESSIER

I know some don't agree but he certainly wouldn't tolerate loafing and is a winner

I know he was a great player for us in 94 but he is not the answer to every problem the rangers ever have lol

I feel like no matter what position needs to be filled Messier is suggested by someone.

Dude has no coaching experience

I don't understand the replacement debate. If they fire Quinn and the replacement isn't Knoblach then they really are morons. He was a rising star as a coach to begin with, connects with younger players better and is way more likable and consistent to all of his players.

The star players basically turned their seasons around when he stepped in and then simply carried that momentum after. It was no coincidence. Quinn was always a stupid hire, so it's already obvious they are stupid. A college coach to coach a bunch of skilled Euros? Choosing Quinn over Sheldon Keefe in the first place was a colossal mistake. But then again we wouldn't have Kakko and Laf that way, so let's just make it right now that we can.

also 100% this

Boom. I think Knoblauch was always going to be their guy anyway to replace Quinn for all of the reasons you already stated. So, it's only a matter of time, like hopefully after the season is over. lol

I know he was a great player for us in 94 but he is not the answer to every problem the rangers ever have lol

I feel like no matter what position needs to be filled Messier is suggested by someone.

Dude has no coaching experience

I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud legit lol Probably because his name actually does come up as the answer to every problem the Rangers ever have.

Messier on the Kaye show

1- blames the rangers for having no answer for Wilson, repeatedly said he would not of built the roster the way it was built. He pretty clearly didn't have much of a problem if at all with what Wilson did. Made a reference to if you go to the net and do what Buch did there you could expect it to get nasty. You have to be able to win in the street and the alley and they're not built that way.

2- said he could without question step in and coach (1000%) any team at this point even with no coaching experience (has since clarified that via a text to Kaye that said he doesn't want to coach the Rangers)

3- as for the Rangers he's made it very clear to them many times over the years he wants to step in and be more involved in FO/coaching etc

4- when asked what happened today - he said he had no idea he's been very disconnected from the day to day goings on for many years now. Certainly sounded like when he would throw his hat into the ring in the past they picked it up and threw it back out of the ring

5- when asked about Drury he said in summary he didn't know him well enough to comment

6- really was more interested in hawking selling his memorabilia.

Messier on the Kaye show

1- blames the rangers for having no answer for Wilson, repeatedly said he would not of built the roster the way it was built. He pretty clearly didn't have much of a problem if at all with what Wilson did. Made a reference to if you go to the net and do what Buch did there you could expect it to get nasty. You have to be able to win in the street and the alley and they're not built that way.

2- said he could without question step in and coach (1000%) any team at this point even with no coaching experience (has since clarified that via a text to Kaye that said he doesn't want to coach the Rangers)

3- as for the Rangers he's made it very clear to them many times over the years he wants to step in and be more involved in FO/coaching etc

4- when asked what happened today - he said he had no idea he's been very disconnected from the day to day goings on for many years now. Certainly sounded like when he would throw his hat into the ring in the past they picked it up and threw it back out of the ring

5- when asked about Drury he said in summary he didn't know him well enough to comment

Im not even saying messier would be bad, he might not be, i just dont get what his logic is in thinking he is qualified for any of this.

Messier on the Kaye show

I hope they don't get him involved it will be Roger Neilson part 2 with Drury getting the shit end of the stick.

Messier as President? I don't see Drury doing both jobs full time. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind this, honestly. I don't want him as a coach, but wouldn't mind him being around the team, maybe even working with the young guys on face-offs, stepping into the locker room on big game days and saying something to him. I think his presence around the younger guys would help. Someone needs to light a fire under this teams ass, and I can't think of anyone better to do it.

I wouldn't mind this, honestly. I don't want him as a coach, but wouldn't mind him being around the team, maybe even working with the young guys on face-offs, stepping into the locker room on big game days and saying something to him. I think his presence around the younger guys would help. Someone needs to light a fire under this teams ass, and I can't think of anyone better to do it.

I wouldn't mind it either. I mentioned it another thread that the fire that was initially lit under this team's ass when Torts was here has slowly died down over the years and now is merely embers, if that. Last night really doesn't change the root of the problem, even though I give them credit for doing it.