• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

WSH Acquires Anthony Mantha from DET for Jakub Vrana, Richard Panik, 1st, 2nd

Phil

Mantha has a tag on him though that says zero fucks given in some games. A little bit surprised about this one for, a caps perspective. Mantha has 3 years left on his deal and it looks like next offseason they have Ovy and Samsonov to reup and under 11m to do so as of now.

Mantha has a tag on him though that says zero fucks given in some games. A little bit surprised about this one for, a caps perspective. Mantha has 3 years left on his deal and it looks like next offseason they have Ovy and Samsonov to reup and under 11m to do so as of now.

Doubtful Ovi asks for the world, and I don't think Samsonov has the body of work to ask for a ton, either.

Doubtful Ovi asks for the world, and I don't think Samsonov has the body of work to ask for a ton, either.

The world no. But I doubt it’s pennies either. I hope he does take a huge payout just to show other players a little lesson of loyalty and humility. Players union will probably be pissed but whatever. Samsonov wis a weird one. He has arb rights but you’re, right. His body of work isn’t great. Still figure if they want to move forward with him and Vanacek, it’ll cost more than the under 1m he makes now. They can’t really afford much more though. Thry just have a lot of guys 30+ under contracts for a long time. Like a lot.

I don’t know much about him, but his stats aren’t anything spectacular. Is there more to him that he is worth that much?

He's pretty good. He's 26, under contract for 3 more seasons at a good rate, is massive, and is the best goal scorer on the Red Wings. He'll be thriving with the Caps.