• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#18) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Carousel de Forwards

High and Wide

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers physical play broke the Bruins down IMO. I thought the rangers dominated with their physicality. Very exciting hockey. Props to Quinn for the team to finally have an identity, hard-working, fast, and at times physical (i’d like to see them being physical on a regular basis)
Quinn espoused the "tough to play against" mantra from the beginning and I think some of us confused that with creating a goon squad. But he continues to reward smart physicality (Lindgren) and penalize dumbshit physicality (Lemieux) .

But here's development. Buch had almost no physical dimension to his game before Quinn showed up. He definitely does now and it has made him more valuable at both ends of the ice. Kakko is really starting to use his size in way that he did not show last year and he seems to be gaining confidence from it. Gauthier is just starting to understand what to do with that big frame. Chytil, even Howden are using the body along the boards more and better.

Physically engaging in every puck battle is a mindset that doesn't come naturally to every player, sometimes especially to skilled offensive players who seem to feel like they bring enough other stuff to the table. Quinn has made developing that mindset a price of admission.

And it hasn't come immediately. And they don't always execute. But at least they now seem to know what they're supposed to do when they're "playing the right way." And it looks a lot like last night.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quinn espoused the "tough to play against" mantra from the beginning and I think some of us confused that with creating a goon squad. But he continues to reward smart physicality (Lindgren) and penalize dumbshit physicality (Lemieux) .

But here's development. Buch had almost no physical dimension to his game before Quinn showed up. He definitely does now and it has made him more valuable at both ends of the ice. Kakko is really starting to use his size in way that he did not show last year and he seems to be gaining confidence from it. Gauthier is just starting to understand what to do with that big frame. Chytil, even Howden are using the body along the boards more and better.

Physically engaging in every puck battle is a mindset that doesn't come naturally to every player, sometimes especially to skilled offensive players who seem to feel like they bring enough other stuff to the table. Quinn has made developing that mindset a price of admission.

And it hasn't come immediately. And they don't always execute. But at least they now seem to know what they're supposed to do when they're "playing the right way." And it looks a lot like last night.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Buchnevich also is developing defensively, even kills penalties. So great to watch.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Its been taking 3 years but i think Quinn, and in turn the team are getting what it takes. I would upgrade our bottom 6 with couple of more physical players who can hit and forecheck better than Lemieux and Howden.