• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Not to single you out, but this specific line has been used as a complaint even when the PP has been good so it's hard to take it seriously as an accurate assessment. There were times this PP was top 10 last year and this was still a common complaint.

I think the powerplay set up is fine. They're getting a bunch of chances, and Fox is QB'ing it really well. The problem is simply that the finishing is atrocious. I don't think it has anything to do with playing too much on the perimeter.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the powerplay set up is fine. They're getting a bunch of chances, and Fox is QB'ing it really well. The problem is simply that the finishing is atrocious. I don't think it has anything to do with playing too much on the perimeter.

i think ADA was a better QB on the PP> He had a good shot and was a threat with that shot. Fox doesnt have a threatening shot, so the PKers dont have to worry about and can cheat towards other forwards. Everyone and their mother knows that Fox is going to pass

i think ADA was a better QB on the PP> He had a good shot and was a threat with that shot. Fox doesnt have a threatening shot, so the PKers dont have to worry about and can cheat towards other forwards. Everyone and their mother knows that Fox is going to pass

Fox actually has a pretty good wrist shot, CC...He just doesn't use his slapper enough...I agree!!! I hope he uncorks one tonight. I haven't seen him blast one yet this season.

nah, you need a slapshot from the point, not a wristshot. you need PKers lining up to block the potential slapper and open up wings for one timers. I want to see fox feeding trouba on the 1st PP unit for a slapshot now that Panarin is out and fucking Kreider to stand in front of the net and not behind it

I think ADA was very dangerous on the PP ,he could shoot from the point , or. skate in and score better than any dman since Leetch

Nothing wrong with Fox running the PP ,he does great

If Quinn truly thinks he gets the same out of both, he's dumber than I thought. It's not that Fox is bad at it, I'm sure he'll figure out how to have success running a PP, but they're totally different players.

Tony was bullet passes, the likes I haven't seen from Fox, and give and goes where he ends up Johnny on the Spot for a easy goal.

Fox is a bit more of an artist. More creative IMO, but not as lethal with BB passes. Better at keep-ins, not as good at getting floaters through.

Either way, I'm fine with Fox, the PP struggles are really down to Zibanejad being awful.

If Quinn truly thinks he gets the same out of both, he's dumber than I thought. It's not that Fox is bad at it, I'm sure he'll figure out how to have success running a PP, but they're totally different players.

Tony was bullet passes, the likes I haven't seen from Fox, and give and goes where he ends up Johnny on the Spot for a easy goal.

Fox is a bit more of an artist. More creative IMO, but not as lethal with BB passes. Better at keep-ins, not as good at getting floaters through.

Either way, I'm fine with Fox, the PP struggles are really down to Zibanejad being awful.

im fine with fox on the pp too, i just think the PP needs a shooter from the point. i'am always been a fan of bombs from the point

We've gone over ADA v. Fox PP numbers numerous times. Fox put up virtually identical numbers on the second unit to ADA's first unit production. This begins and ends with Zib's 2.6 shooting %.

• Like 1

We've gone over ADA v. Fox PP numbers numerous times. Fox put up virtually identical numbers on the second unit to ADA's first unit production. This begins and ends with Zib's 2.6 shooting %.

Spot on. As well as Krieder being invisible.

Yeah, that's a good point I didn't include. He's been less effective in front of the net, to the point where I'd rather just use Lemieux as he's at least willing to go there and cause havoc.

The cardboard cutouts in the stands have been more effective than Zibby and Kreider!! :rofl:

It's been suggested they miss Deangelo on the PP.

I miss Deangelo because we now have zero swagger, and nobody taunting the Bruins bench.

how can you not miss 50+ points from a defenseman. But i mentioned ADA becuase of his ability to blast the puck from the blue line and be a threat. Fox is not a shooter and everyone knows it, PKers dont have to worry about him shooting, worry only about the other four forwards.

how can you not miss 50+ points from a defenseman. But i mentioned ADA becuase of his ability to blast the puck from the blue line and be a threat. Fox is not a shooter and everyone knows it, PKers dont have to worry about him shooting, worry only about the other four forwards.

ADA scored most of his goals via wrister and snapshots last season. He took 19 slapshots last season and scored on none of them. Fox took 16, also scored none. Both of them rely heavily on their wristers because neither of them have great slapshots.