Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Won't Name Captain; Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba, Panarin Named Alternates

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    It's more symbolic than anything.

I actually buy what Kreider's selling here. Good teams require more than one leader - let it happen organically. Keep in mind that next years' team will likely be even younger than this one, why put undue burden on one person?

Someone will wear the C sooner or later, but there's no good reason to rush it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quinn has said, a few times, its time for guys to step up with Staal and Lundqvist gone. Said some guys were quiet, didnt want to step on toes - includes guys joining the team, but now its time for them to step up.

He reiterated it in last nights Town Hall discussion, too.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    I think its the fans and Larry Brooks making it a bigger issue.
    Agreed

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    It's more symbolic than anything.

I actually buy what Kreider's selling here. Good teams require more than one leader - let it happen organically. Keep in mind that next years' team will likely be even younger than this one, why put undue burden on one person?

Someone will wear the C sooner or later, but there's no good reason to rush it.
    JD said it generally doesn't make players better but it can make players worse if they're not ready or the right player.

I think that's absolutely true. Going back to Leetch, there's been a definite dip in play for almost everyone that was assigned the C. Even Jagr didn't want the pressure of it.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Or maybe they did it so no one needs to step up and lead by example? All 4 A’s were brutal yesterday.

«More than one leader» can very easily turn into «no leaders».

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    That's my take on it. There's no obvious, prototypical, leader in this group.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Or maybe they did it so no one needs to step up and lead by example? All 4 A’s were brutal yesterday.

«More than one leader» can very easily turn into «no leaders».

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I agree with this completely. We have this issue at work when we talk about people "leading" this or that. Everyone isn't a leader, and when you try to make everyone a leader, you have no leaders.

It's damaging to not recognize the leaders who are actually leading, from everyone else.

That's what we have here.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Leading by committee only works with individuals whom possess leadership qualities. The work horse whom is a good example to follow isn't necessarily a leader. The leading scorer is not necessarily a good leader.

I dont see much of an outspoken individual whom holds his teammates accountable in this group.

Someone better step up and fill the role or this bottom of the barrel mediocrity will continue.

The comment that it is more for the fans is a sign that he isnt leading anything.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Every organization, team, enterprise needs a leader. Heck, even a bake sale has a 'do it' mom at the head of the table orchestrating the other participants. NYR have eschewed the "C" role long enough. Either let the team pick one or get one. Somebody wearing skates has to be able to hold payers accountable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12