• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

TOR Trades Kapanen, Lingren, Aberg to PIT for 2020 1st, Rodrigues, Hallander+

Phil

The Penguins hate draft picks lol

I think their mentality is, as long as they have crosby, they are always going to be contenders.

They also are definitey trading a goalie. Maybe they feel they can get a late first or an early 2nd in a deal for one of them? so in essence theyre just trading down in the draft and getting a player who can have an immediate impact

I think their mentality is, as long as they have crosby, they are always going to be contenders.

They also are definitey trading a goalie. Maybe they feel they can get a late first or an early 2nd in a deal for one of them? so in essence theyre just trading down in the draft and getting a player who can have an immediate impact

it more seems like their philosophy is if they trade all of their picks it up the waste any gas going to draft day LOL

This trade is basically Kapanen for the 15th overall pick. The rest of the players are not of consequence. I'd say that is a good trade for Toronto. Skjei is a more valuable commodity than Kapanen, and we got what will turn out to be a pick in the low 20s for him.

This trade is basically Kapanen for the 15th overall pick. The rest of the players are not of consequence. I'd say that is a good trade for Toronto. Skjei is a more valuable commodity than Kapanen, and we got what will turn out to be a pick in the low 20s for him.

Hollander looks like a good young prospect. Buchnevich should be worth more than Kapanen.