• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers v. Dallas Stars // Dallas Does New York

High and Wide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is, as a whole, trash and has been for some time.

Blaming the "contracts we can't move" is an easy target. But the wrong one. Kakko is statistically been one of the worst players in the NHL. Chytil came back down to earth hard. Is ADA still on all star break? Fox... Woof.

Aside from Panarin and Zib we're icing a team of average to below average players across the board.

I didn't see the 5th goal but 3 of the other 4 Hank had no shot on.

Blaming the "contracts we can't move" is an easy target. But the wrong one. Kakko is statistically been one of the worst players in the NHL. Chytil came back down to earth hard. Is ADA still on all star break? Fox... Woof.

Aside from Panarin and Zib we're icing a team of average to below average players across the board.

A shot from the point, that Georgie failed to kick to the corner. Lands right on Perry's stick, D'Angelo fails to tie him up in front....Bang/Bang...rebound goal!!!

Yeah when I step back and take the fandom out of my opinion I agree currently what they role out every night just isn't good. Zib and Panarin and on a good night 1 or 2 others are solid. Guys pop up here and there but in general just aren't good enough consistently. Kakko has easily become the most frustrating guy for me that I can remember. You have to squint so hard to see something positive this season it's sad. The wow what a pass and the hollow comments all game long from the booth about him elevating his game make me cringe. Even his "assist" last night was basically a weak SOG. While I don't know the exact stats I would think the meaningful ones prove he's been junk.

Not saying he's going to be a bust but holy hell I don't think anybody predicted him being invisible. They're "not close" imo especially in games where Panarin doesn't put them on his back. I would expect to be big sellers if there's a market for more than a handful of these guys.

4 goals on 15 shots or .733 save percentage is inexcusable. It was certainly a team loss but Hank will be a sittin' and for good reason. Nobody had a good game including Bread, Zib, Strome. Dallas was so tight on Panarin. Their game plan vs Rangers was damn good. Horrible Garden ice didn't help either.

4 goals on 15 shots or .733 save percentage is inexcusable. It was certainly a team loss but Hank will be a sittin' and for good reason. Nobody had a good game including Bread, Zib, Strome. Dallas was so tight on Panarin. Their game plan vs Rangers was damn good. Horrible Garden ice didn't help either.

I'd be inclined to agree if I didn't see the 4 goals.

I did it with Pete's crayons for you this time: http://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

That "UFA" you see after Kreider's name, could very well be the best moniker for your troll posts... :rofl:

Give it a rest, chump. Talk about trolling. Bye, bye Wizard and T.G.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Give it a rest, chump. Talk about trolling. Bye, bye Wizard and T.G.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ahhh, you finally caught on to the code, huh?

...could've been worse...maybe an R.F.A. "Really"

...oh here, before I forget: (Your lesson for the day)

Trades and salary retention

Prior to the reintroduction of the cap, it was fairly common (especially for wealthier teams) to include cash as part of a trade and/or retain some or most of a player's salary when trading him to another team. This was usually done when the club needed roster space for (an)other player(s) and could afford the extra costs. Under the terms of the 2005 collective bargaining agreement, when a team traded for another player, it assumed the full cap hit and remaining salary obligations of the acquired player. Including cash in a trade was also forbidden. That was partially changed for the 2013 collective bargaining agreement. Including cash in trades is still prohibited, but teams may retain part of a traded player's salary to ease the cap burden on the acquiring team. Provisions on such retention are as follows:

The acquiring team must assume at least 50 percent of the remaining salary and cap charge of the SPC.

Such a contract can only be traded twice using provision 1 during the lifetime of the SPC.

Retained salary by the trading team cannot be more than 15 percent of the upper salary cap limit.

A maximum of 3 such contracts with salary retained in a trade can be on a team's books at any one time.

This provision is included in Article 11 of Summary of Terms the 2013 Collective Bargaining Agreement Memorandum of Understanding.

Ahhh, you finally caught on to the code, huh?

...could've been worse...maybe an R.F.A. "Really"

...oh here, before I forget: (Your lesson for the day)

Trades and salary retention

Prior to the reintroduction of the cap, it was fairly common (especially for wealthier teams) to include cash as part of a trade and/or retain some or most of a player's salary when trading him to another team. This was usually done when the club needed roster space for (an)other player(s) and could afford the extra costs. Under the terms of the 2005 collective bargaining agreement, when a team traded for another player, it assumed the full cap hit and remaining salary obligations of the acquired player. Including cash in a trade was also forbidden. That was partially changed for the 2013 collective bargaining agreement. Including cash in trades is still prohibited, but teams may retain part of a traded player's salary to ease the cap burden on the acquiring team. Provisions on such retention are as follows:

The acquiring team must assume at least 50 percent of the remaining salary and cap charge of the SPC.

Such a contract can only be traded twice using provision 1 during the lifetime of the SPC.

Retained salary by the trading team cannot be more than 15 percent of the upper salary cap limit.

A maximum of 3 such contracts with salary retained in a trade can be on a team's books at any one time.

This provision is included in Article 11 of Summary of Terms the 2013 Collective Bargaining Agreement Memorandum of Understanding.

Hey Teach! Thanx oodles for the lesson. Doesn't change doo-doo about my take. Keep trying and trying and trying. T.G. You'll find it utterly rewarding. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Teach! Thanx oodles for the lesson. Doesn't change doo-doo about my take. Keep trying and trying and trying. T.G. You'll find it utterly rewarding. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't catch the RFA part did ya?

No problem for the lesson, Einstein! Just doing my part of community service up here for the crew!

Yeah when I step back and take the fandom out of my opinion I agree currently what they role out every night just isn't good. Zib and Panarin and on a good night 1 or 2 others are solid. Guys pop up here and there but in general just aren't good enough consistently. Kakko has easily become the most frustrating guy for me that I can remember. You have to squint so hard to see something positive this season it's sad. The wow what a pass and the hollow comments all game long from the booth about him elevating his game make me cringe. Even his "assist" last night was basically a weak SOG. While I don't know the exact stats I would think the meaningful ones prove he's been junk.

Not saying he's going to be a bust but holy hell I don't think anybody predicted him being invisible. They're "not close" imo especially in games where Panarin doesn't put them on his back. I would expect to be big sellers if there's a market for more than a handful of these guys.

I disagree that Kakko has been invisible. he's definitely more involved in his last 6-8 games or so. that whole line have been making plays, they just haven't been productive. Im excited when Chytil and Kakko are on the ice and always look out for them. They're young, they will get their points

I disagree that Kakko has been invisible. he's definitely more involved in his last 6-8 games or so. that whole line have been making plays, they just haven't been productive. Im excited when Chytil and Kakko are on the ice and always look out for them. They're young, they will get their points

He’s definitely been better. A bit more authoritative in his decision. The only thing that still worries me is how slow he has been. It’s like he’s missing that elite step most superstars have. Not talking speed but just that jump to his step, hands, and positioning if that makes sense.

I never imagined the bar for Kakko having to be lowered to "noticeable" but still not productive yet this far into the season. Maybe time for me to figure out some advanced stats to see what they say.

Chytil has solidly disappointed as well outside of a few very short flashes.

Still young? Sure.

I never imagined the bar for Kakko having to be lowered to "noticeable" but still not productive yet this far into the season. Maybe time for me to figure out some advanced stats to see what they say.

Chytil has solidly disappointed as well outside of a few very short flashes.

Still young? Sure.

Chytil is 20 years old, scoring at a 20 goal pace, and improved his +/- by 24 over last year. Why is this disappointing?