• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Picks in Top Ten, 1998-2018

Sod16

Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club. I don't feel sorry for any sucker that buys a ticket to see the Rangers play at MSG. Hope you enjoy losing or at best mediocrity.

WHy would you try to lose to draft this???

If they are committed to winning, it appears they should do everything they can to not draft in the top 10

The McIlrath one was the one that really got me...I think Sather was smoking something other than a cigar that day.

The one that got away was Cherepanov...I really would've liked to see how that would have turned out....poor kid.

But so far under Gorton I think we have Andersson, Kravtsov, and Kakko....which is pretty decent in my estimation so far, but we shall see.

2 out of 3 ain't bad... Meatloaf said that, so it must be true! :rofl:

The McIlrath one was the one that really got me...I think Sather was smoking something other than a cigar that day.

The one that got away was Cherepanov...I really would've liked to see how that would have turned out....poor kid.

But so far under Gorton I think we have Andersson, Kravtsov, and Kakko....which is pretty decent in my estimation so far, but we shall see.

2 out of 3 ain't bad... Meatloaf said that, so it must be true! :rofl:

That pick pissed me off to no end. I also hated the Montoya pick because they had Lundqvist waiting in the wings. Why waste a #6 pick on something you already have? I don't buy that maybe they didn't exactly know what Lundqvist was going to be? Who knows.

The Kakko pick can never be a credit to Gorton if it turns out well or a mark against him if it turns out poorly. All 31 GMs, and all 10 million casual hockey fans for that matter, would have made that pick in that position. What he should be judged for more than anything else, more than conventional picks of consensus best still available players, is off the board picks like Andersson and Kratsov. Those are a big plus on the ledger for Gorton if they turn out well and a big minus if they don't. He already has one minus, and one incomplete, although it can't be said to be looking good so far.

Malholtra

Lundmark

Brendl

Blackburn

Montoya

McIlrath

Andersson

Kratsov

Kind of painful, when you put it all in one place.

A lot of these guys were brought up too early, put in bad situations, then pushed down - and it was over from there

I think management has been as impatient as the fans.

Malthotra was brought to a team trying to compete, forced out of his style to fit a role, and plateaued.

Lundmark did well in the AHL, then got 4th line duties with Dan Lacouture and sandy McCarty.

Same with the goalies.

Mcilrath not worth discussing

All these guys needed a year or 2 l. Maybe more, to grow and develop. Same with Andersson and Kravtsov. It sucks they don’t want to embrace the time in Hartford as important to their development.

If they do get to the nhl, they need to be put in a position to succeed. Kakko and Kravtsov being shitty 4th liner’s doesn’t help anyone.