• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, by the eyeball test and by the Numbers he's been our best defenseman and third best player behind Z and Pan.

Well we can agree to disagree about that. He’s been neither good or bad to me. I’m not sure how official your rankings are but in my opinion he’s not the 3rd best player thus far. His future is bright though.

Well we can agree to disagree about that. He’s been neither good or bad to me. I’m not sure how official your rankings are but in my opinion he’s not the 3rd best player thus far. His future is bright though.

Well he's 3rd in the board's power rankings, and those are as good as the 10 commandments.

Eye-test and statistics scream he's done incredibly well. He's only been on for 3 GA 5v5. He leads the team amongst regulars in possession (51.32 CF%) and is second in expected goals percentage (55.84 xGF%).

From a visual standpoint, he's consistently calm and rarely forces plays. He's consistently making talented breakout passes that seem to lead to quality opportunities. His in-zone offense is growing as he seems to be learning how to work against NHL defenses. His offense may be lagging behind expectations, but his defense has far exceeded. I don't think there's anyone I'm as confident in being able to recover on a play the way Fox does. If he loses the puck it isn't for long.

Well we can agree to disagree about that. He?s been neither good or bad to me. I?m not sure how official your rankings are but in my opinion he?s not the 3rd best player thus far. His future is bright though.
OK, who's been better? Happy to discuss how you came to your conclusion.

I’m trying to get my head around the idea of “agreeing to disagree” on the stats.

I mean, they are what they are. That’s the main concept of stats. In Fox’s case they’re very good.

Unless we’re questioning the data source or imply that someone cooked the books there isn’t really all that much to disagree with.

I love this kid!! He's getting better every game, and I'm very impressed with how he doesn't seem to panic with the puck under pressure. That's unbelievable for a kid with no NHL experience whatsoever until this season.

Sign me up!

I'm a Fox fan! :thumbs:

...kinda reminds me a little of this #2 guy they had back in '87-'88

I’m trying to get my head around the idea of “agreeing to disagree” on the stats.

I mean, they are what they are. That’s the main concept of stats. In Fox’s case they’re very good.

Unless we’re questioning the data source or imply that someone cooked the books there isn’t really all that much to disagree with.

Because I have nothing to say. My eye test says he’s been ok. I’m not demanding they send him down. I asked a question how many games the condition was. The answer was 30. Obviously he’s playing those games here at some point this year so there is no reason to send him down. I don’t hate fox, I actually think he has a nice future ahead of him. To say he’s been their best defender and 3rd best player is just false. Not worth arguing just to argue. Up until the last game he’s been playing sheltered minutes. Trouba while not living up to his contract, surprise surprise, is better if you take money out. Deangelo has 8 points including 4 goals in 10 games. Yet he’s been labeled easily replaceable on here. Hajek has been playing the tough matchups and has faired ok for a rookie. The others are trash and comparing him with them is pointless. My take is that fox, Hajek, and deangelo have all been ok. Not bad not great. All have different roles but it’s hard to compare them not in that context. Hajek sees the top lines every night paired with trouba. Fox has not. That doesn’t mean he would fair better or succeed it just means it hasn’t happened.

Besides here I was agreeing with Pete in saying if the season went south I would be ok with moving both fox and kakko down. Not as an indictment on them but to allow them to build chemistry with our future and have success in Hartford. Again I’m fine with keeping them here too. The team can make the best development decision. I just brought up that there is a condition to games played with fox. Take that as you may.

I've been thoroughly impressed with his transition. Although he is playing a limitted role, and sheltered minutes, he's still surpassed my expectations of his play in his own zone. I thought he was going to struggle - but hes been good so far.

He’s asking you who’s better, not about sending him down. He’s already admitted in this thread that he’s willing to send him down.

Ok. Panarin, Zibanejad, buchnevich, strome, trouba, deangelo, Georgiev, Hajek, even Smith have all been as good or even better. I view fox like lemieux. Both have been ok. Neither are a problem neither are standing out.

What’s curious to me. Is that I don’t think fox has been great and I’m ok with sending him down. Other think he’s been there best defenseman and 3rd best player on the roster and they want to send him down. But it’s me that needs to explain? Funny

Ive been really impressed with Fox so far. He doesn't look like a rookie back there, doesn't make that many mistakes. I don't see any reason that he shouldn't be here. He has been the best defensemen so far on the team. I want to know what makes him just a meh player?

I've been thoroughly impressed with his transition. Although he is playing a limitted role, and sheltered minutes, he's still surpassed my expectations of his play in his own zone. I thought he was going to struggle - but hes been good so far.

I agree with this. But he’s also underwhelmed offensively. It’s been 10 games. That all can change. He’s obviously a nhl player. This is a conversation about what’s best for development and the future of the team. My take all along has always been every decision should be made towards years later not this year. Fox should be here because it’s good for him not because he’s better than Marc Staal. I don’t know what’s good for him being here or not. Fact is he’s playing shelter minutes here. Is that better than him playing all the important minutes in Hartford? I don’t know.

Ok. Panarin, Zibanejad, buchnevich, strome, trouba, deangelo, Georgiev, Hajek, even Smith have all been as good or even better. I view fox like lemieux. Both have been ok. Neither are a problem neither are standing out.

What’s curious to me. Is that I don’t think fox has been great and I’m ok with sending him down. Other think he’s been there best defenseman and 3rd best player on the roster and they want to send him down. But it’s me that needs to explain? Funny

Deangelo has been good offensively, but he has been awful in his own zone. There is no way he is better than Fox right now. Planarian and Zib have been better players, but I wouldn't say that any of the rest of the guys in that list have been better. Trouba is getting better now that he is away from Skjei. IMO, Fox is close t being the 3rd best because he has been consistent in his play, and his stats don't lie.

I agree with this. But he’s also underwhelmed offensively. It’s been 10 games. That all can change. He’s obviously a nhl player. This is a conversation about what’s best for development and the future of the team. My take all along has always been every decision should be made towards years later not this year. Fox should be here because it’s good for him not because he’s better than Marc Staal. I don’t know what’s good for him being here or not. Fact is he’s playing shelter minutes here. Is that better than him playing all the important minutes in Hartford? I don’t know.

As for any player, sending them down to the minors when they are playing well will only kill their confidence. Thats the main reason you don't do it. The guy is playing well, and sending him down to just send him down will kill that confidence and can set back his development.

As for any player, sending them down to the minors when they are playing well will only kill their confidence. Thats the main reason you don't do it. The guy is playing well, and sending him down to just send him down will kill that confidence and can set back his development.

Ok I’m fine with that

Deangelo has been good offensively, but he has been awful in his own zone. There is no way he is better than Fox right now. Planarian and Zib have been better players, but I wouldn't say that any of the rest of the guys in that list have been better. Trouba is getting better now that he is away from Skjei. IMO, Fox is close t being the 3rd best because he has been consistent in his play, and his stats don't lie.

His stats? 2 points? He plays sheltered minutes. That matters. I’m not arguing he’s awful. You think he’s the best defenseman. That’s great. I don’t agree. Move on.

You have a thread on this site started by you playing the hypothetical gm. Point 1 is you sending fox and kakko down. Now your arguing with me about sending fox down?

I (hypothetically)sent him down to shield him from a shit ton of losing. You're (realistically) sending him down because you don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder, that's not at all the same conversation.

What is this assessment based on?