• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#9) Rangers v. Boston Bruins // It's McKegg Time!

High and Wide

Player of the game:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the game:

• Artemi Panarin
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Pavel Buchnevich
    • Micheal Haley
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was bad. As bad as it was there will be equally great nights when this team looks great. There is talent here but it’s unpfoven and young. I hated the playoff talk before the season, it was ridiculous to even think about it. If they do somehow find themselves even close to the playoffs it would be gravy. Fact is this team is loaded with holes. In all honesty how many current guys on this roster are locks to be in this team even 2-3 years from now.

I’d say panarin and trouba that’s it. Kakko is close to a lock but as of now he looks out of his league.

Tonight was bad. As bad as it was there will be equally great nights when this team looks great. There is talent here but it?s unpfoven and young. I hated the playoff talk before the season, it was ridiculous to even think about it. If they do somehow find themselves even close to the playoffs it would be gravy. Fact is this team is loaded with holes. In all honesty how many current guys on this roster are locks to be in this team even 2-3 years from now.

I?d say panarin and trouba that?s it. Kakko is close to a lock but as of now he looks out of his league.

Mika is also a lock (unless injuries), but you?re right. Its a lot of holes in this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mika is also a lock (unless injuries), but you’re right. Its a lot of holes in this team.

I’m. It so sure. He should be. However with his injury history and depending on him staying healthy it maybe hard to commit to the contract he will demand. But you’re probably right

I?m. It so sure. He should be. However with his injury history and depending on him staying healthy it maybe hard to commit to the contract he will demand. But you?re probably right

He?s signed till 2022, so he?ll be here in 2-3 years. After 2022 you never know tho.

Yeah Kakko continuing his strong pursuit of the green jacket. Putting even more space between him and the next worst +/- player. Certainly expected him to struggle at times but shit didn't expect him to be flat out bad more often than not. Might be time to enjoy a game or two from the pressbox. I wonder if one of the guys Quinn thinks are expecting the game to come easy is Kakko?

I know there are growing pains. I really do. I do not expect us to be 7-1 or 8-3 or however our record would be with x number of games we have playe$ already. However. We drafted what some said was the most NHL ready pick. We signed Trouba and Panarin. We don’t look better at all outside of spurts. To me, it’s either a lack of real leadership or a lack of good coaching. Just MO

Quinn had Fast slated for the first line in this game due to the monster Boston first line. Those of you who don't like Fast on the first line should give some thought to how we were throttled by Boston's first line tonight after Fast had to be scratched. I'm not saying he could have one handedly changed that, but it sure would have been nice to have him.

It's early, but at some point people will be saying "I wasn't expecting to make the playoffs, but with Trouba and Panarin I was expecting to be better this year, so what gives?"

#24 may need to still for a game or two, take a deep breath, and stop beating himself up. He got schooled a couple of times by Boston's best players.

Quinn had Fast slated for the first line in this game due to the monster Boston first line. Those of you who don't like Fast on the first line should give some thought to how we were throttled by Boston's first line tonight after Fast had to be scratched. I'm not saying he could have one handedly changed that, but it sure would have been nice to have him.

It's early, but at some point people will be saying "I wasn't expecting to make the playoffs, but with Trouba and Panarin I was expecting to be better this year, so what gives?"

#24 may need to still for a game or two, take a deep breath, and stop beating himself up. He got schooled a couple of times by Boston's best players.

What gives is this team was not ready to add massive contracts this past off season. The entire roster is a question mark and nobody has any clue what they even have and therefore what they need to buy on the fa market. Kakko is 18. Do we need to discuss further? Any expectations of him being a key cog this year was foolishly begin with. The panarin Zibanejad duo has been the only redeeming quality of this team.

They're nowhere near as good as they where at this point last year. Not that they were particularly good then, either.

One premium FA doesn't make up for gutting an entire roster of its depth. It's just going to take time to build up a real hockey team again.

Biggest problem may be that this GM can't acquire a defenseman to save his life, and then pays them all one or two slots above their usefulness.

I'm finally mentally checked out on Kreider. Trade him yesterday.

I?m with you bud. Where do I sign?

Welcome to the club, fellas. I can't even look at him anymore! A "power forward", that skates one-way, doesn't finish a check, and can't hit water if he fell out of a boat!

They're nowhere near as good as they where at this point last year. Not that they were particularly good then, either.

One premium FA doesn't make up for gutting an entire roster of its depth. It's just going to take time to build up a real hockey team again.

Biggest problem may be that this GM can't acquire a defenseman to save his life, and then pays them all one or two slots above their usefulness.

I didn't give the Rangers much of a chance in this one...I just chalk this one up to being beat up by a MUCH better team....Let it go. There are better days ahead.

I really think this is the way it's going to be with this team; They'll give us flashes of greatness, like against Buffalo, and then give us duds like last night. Yes, collectively we sucked moose balls, but every game under these new kids' belt is another game they learn. Let's see what we can do against Tampa next game.

Hopefully we'll see more guys throwing body checks than our goalie!! ...and maybe Skjei will disregard his maxi-pad slippage, & fire the puck at a yawning goal for a change. One can only hope ;)