• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Was Panarin Worth It?

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on a different plane from anyone else on the team, including Zib.

He has an extra set of eyes in the back of his head.

His stick is magnetized to the puck.

He shoots darts.

His personality is compelling.

All this without a sniper to play with.

He's on a different plane from anyone else on the team, including Zib.

He has an extra set of eyes in the back of his head.

His stick is magnetized to the puck.

He shoots darts.

His personality is compelling.

All this without a sniper to play with.

He is a sniper.

He's everything we expected and then some.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And a little bit more.

Its so amazing watching him play. He just casually drifts down on the left side, opens up and plays a perfect cross-ice pass over 4 sticks right on the tape. Or he just snipes it in from anywhere, whatever he feels like doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not sure I've seen a player better at picking pockets and taking the puck away than what I've seen from Panarin. He doesn't even seem to try too hard to do it. He just reads the opponent so well and gets his stick in the passing lane with ease.

I just looked and he is 3rd in the league in takeaways this year with 23 in 18 games. Mark Stone is first with 25 in 21 games, and Marner is second with 24 in 18 games.

I'm not sure I've seen a player better at picking pockets and taking the puck away than what I've seen from Panarin. He doesn't even seem to try too hard to do it. He just reads the opponent so well and gets his stick in the passing lane with ease.

I just looked and he is 3rd in the league in takeaways this year with 23 in 18 games. Mark Stone is first with 25 in 21 games, and Marner is second with 24 in 18 games.

puck seems to stick to his tape. its incredible how much he dangles and does lose the possession

I'm waiting for Phil or Shayne's stamp of:

"This thread has been closed due to overwhelming agreement on this subject"

I really love watching Panarin play....I wasn't 100% on him because of our shaky history on free agents, but this guy more than makes up for the past. Could you imagine how great he'd be with better players with him?

...I'll wait! I have a feeling his play is contagious to the young guys. It will happen....in time