Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    They signed Shanahan, who took those PP & top 6 minutes. Then Drury and Gomez pushed him further down the depth chart, then Torts.

He last played for SKA, with Artemi Panarin, in 2012-13
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    They signed Shanahan, who took those PP & top 6 minutes. Then Drury and Gomez pushed him further down the depth chart, then Torts.

He last played for SKA, with Artemi Panarin, in 2012-13
    It's funny, I watched every game throughout this period of time but to me it was like he just vanished. I was surprised to see he played for NYR for 4 seasons.

PS. That team with Shannahan, Drury, Gomez, and Jagr was a great team. To lose to Buffalo that fucking year still haunts me.
    GORTON 2020

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Prucha was a 8th round 22 year old rookie who got 47 pts.

I think that said more to being the 3rd piece of linemates averaging 100 pts. Plus the fact the PP’s handed out that season were crazy.

6 more years split between the rangers and coyotes somewhat proved it was an anomaly

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Prucha was a 8th round 22 year old rookie who got 47 pts.

I think that said more to being the 3rd piece of linemates averaging 100 pts. Plus the fact the PP’s handed out that season were crazy.

6 more years split between the rangers and coyotes somewhat proved it was an anomaly

First of all, how dare you.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect

2019 NHL Entry Draft / KAKKO SZN

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    First of all, how dare you.
    You have me a 10 year grace period before I could speak upon subject.
    That ended a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    You have me a 10 year grace period before I could speak upon subject.
    That ended a month ago

HOW DARE YOU, I SAY

Prucha is still a god, for the record.

https://www.instagram.com/prucha73/?hl=en
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Phil, you gotta remove their posts. It's about to get out of hand up in here.

Yeah, this is getting really close to hate speech.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    It's funny, I watched every game throughout this period of time but to me it was like he just vanished. I was surprised to see he played for NYR for 4 seasons.

PS. That team with Shannahan, Drury, Gomez, and Jagr was a great team. To lose to Buffalo that fucking year still haunts me.
    Should’ve beaten that Buffalo team. But that year Drury was actually on Buffalo still

They needed a defenseman that year

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Should’ve beaten that Buffalo team. But that year Drury was actually on Buffalo still

They needed a defenseman that year
    Oh you're right. Didn't Drury score that goal with like 7 seconds left?

It's all a blur at this point.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Oh you're right. Didn't Drury score that goal with like 7 seconds left?

It's all a blur at this point.
    Game 5 in Buffalo

They should have won that game

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Renney fucked it up and put Nylander and Jagr out to defend the lead.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Renney fucked it up and put Nylander and Jagr out to defend the lead.
    Will never understand that
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Will never understand that
    I'll never understand why 6'6" Marek Malik didn't just pin the puck along the boards instead of clearing it to the front of his own net with seconds left on the clock. Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I have this image in my head of a Gretzky like pass from behind the net right on to Drury's stick.
    Hidden Content

“'Things aren't what they used to be' is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.” Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/draf...ft/c-307888500

DRAFT: NewJerseyDevils.com Mock Draft

1. NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Stein - Jack Hughes, C, USA U-18: Considered the most talented player in the Entry Draft, play-making abilities are through the roof and his vision on the ice is unparalleled. Broke several USTDP and international records in 2018-19, it would be tough to pass on Hughes to fill a center role on the Devils roster. It has to be appealing to have Hischier and Hughes as your potential one-two punch.

Loughlin - Hughes: Came into this season as the number one name on everyone's list. Though Kappo Kaako may have narrowed the gap, Hughes was never in danger of being knocked out of the top spot. He and Nico Hischier will form a formidable one-two punch down the middle for years to come.

Wescott - Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (FIN): One of the more fun aspects of this draft is that there is a debate to be had. Kakko has made the first-overall pick a conversation and Ray Shero likes to keep his decision locked in a safe that he threw into the Hudson, only to be fished out after he walks to the podium in Vancouver. Kakko is a dynamic, scoring winger with great size and an ability to drive the net and work the corners. He possesses the puck extremely well in the offensive zone and has proven himself against men already. Both players are brilliant prospects with their own set of strengths and desirable characteristics. My gut is still leaning toward Jack Hughes, but I'll take a swing and say they grab the Finnish phenom.

Ciampa - Kakko: There's been a lot of talk about center vs. wing when it comes to Jack Hughes vs. Kaapo Kakko but the Finn can play center as well and when you look at Elias Pettersson and how well he's shown as a centerman, I believe that the Devils might take a look at Kakko down the middle.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I don't see any way in creation the Devils pass on Hughes. My gut tells me this kid brings everything to the table for them. Hughes is going to be the best, if not, one of the best play making centers in the game for the next 15 years. There's no way the Rangers could've had this fall any better for them.

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    This is an extremely rare win/win position for the Rangers (including a lot of luck landing the #2 pick). lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Gunnar Stahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    This is an extremely rare win/win position for the Rangers (including a lot of luck landing the #2 pick). lol
    The only thing that can happen is we pull a Vikings and somehow miss our pick lol
    I don't always back check, but when I do, I follow it up with a nasty wrister from a tight angle. Stay filthy, my friends. Hidden Content

Senior Member Midget Division
    He obviously made some history by scoring a really key goal to win the World Junior Championships. And overall — and I’m not trying to overexaggerate — that’s just the way he is: normal, at ease. You still have to remember he’s still a boy. See him and talk to him, he’s still a little kid. He’s just able to compete with a lot older people.”

The thing I take out of this quote is he’s still a kid. I want the garden to surround him, nurture him and watch him grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Midget Division
    He’s best when the pressure is at the highest,” Salo said. “That’s what we found out. We played against lower-end teams, and those are the times when he would struggle because there was no real tension or pressure. And then he would thrive in the games against the top teams and playoffs. I don’t see that changing under the NHL style.”

Tgtbt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acqua in bocca

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast