• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Attempting to Acquire Matt Martin's Contract from TOR

Phil

That $11-million in space doesn?t include the fact that the Leafs are in the process of trying to move Matt Martin?s contract, potentially I?m hearing to the New York Rangers. Replace him with a depth player in the million-dollar range and their cap space increases to around $12.5-million.

https://theathletic.com/416076/2018/07/01/mirtle-adding-john-tavares-doesnt-have-to-mean-the-maple-leafs-lose-their-young-stars/

--

From what I've been told it's probably Martin for an asset. Be that a pick or prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm A-OK with Martin. Two more years at $2.5 million. Get a prospect with him, too. Martin addresses the character hunt to a tee and expiries just as soon as the Rangers need to be a serious team again. It's win-win.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think the Leafs have leverage. I think we'd give up rather than get in terms of assets.

Yeah, it's one thing to take on that roster and cap space in FA. Yet, to give up a decent asset for a guy who shouldn't be in the lineup every night is a whole nother issue. We are being used again, this time by a team instead of a player. Let's not help Toronto free up cap (or get an asset back) just so they have more room for either their pending big contracts or Trouba.

SNY.tvs Adam Rotter says: Overall, I could see the Rangers taking on Martin and Horton's contracts in a deal that wouldn't cost them much of anything but also land them a prospect or pick(s). The Rangers have the space to make that kind of deal, especially since both contracts expire in two-years. The Rangers are in asset accumulation mode and if Toronto is looking to deal then they should be one of Leafs' first calls.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This Hayes haterade is getting ridiculous.

I feel it needs more backing.

Oddly I say fuck Matt Martin and you take it as hating on Hayes.....??????

Suggesting a trade for a gritty character winger whom can play on the top six isn't exactly hating on the guy..

Archived