• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lou Lamoriello Named President of Hockey Operations for Islanders

Yes, he has a good track record, but he did not leave the Devils in good shape. At age 76 in October, doesn't his mojo wear off at some point? Nevertheless, this does at least increase the chances that Tavares signs.

Hunter has indeed left Toronto and can start with any other team at the end of July, post draft and free agency period.

Personally I'm thrilled to see LL land with the Islanders, the game has passed him by going back to the lockout. Hopefully he turns the reigns over to his clueless son when he's done. The smartest thing they could do is bring Hunter him, without him this move isn't going to change much other than the way they get their hair cut and shave their faces.

Hunter has indeed left Toronto and can start with any other team at the end of July, post draft and free agency period.

Personally I'm thrilled to see LL land with the Islanders, the game has passed him by going back to the lockout. Hopefully he turns the reigns over to his clueless son when he's done. The smartest thing they could do is bring Hunter him, without him this move isn't going to change much other than the way they get their hair cut and shave their faces.

If Hunter joins them after the draft, I can assure you Hunter will at least give Lou his draft briefs, with particular focus on guys he likes at 11, 12 and into the early 2nd. He'll also get everything on the London prospects, like Bouchard.

Archived