• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Was listening to Staind (found the my wife's CD in her car while cleaning it out last week). Damn, does that take may back to my youngin' days.I guess lead singer Aaron Lewis has gone country in the past few years. I noticed on iTunes new releases a song he had just put out for a new solo album.

True, I think of many Metallica songs and the duration is something that stands out. I think this was a great song to release this far in advance. Good luck with the physical copy. I bought one CD this year the new Clutch album) and it was cool getting it from their merch. site along with a few other goodies but I'm stuck playing it only in my car. I guess I could put the CD on my computer and then move it from there but I'm too lazy.

I buy the CDs and put it on my iPod, but still ply some CD's on my home stereo. I have a huge collection and a CD rack full in my living room. I always try to buy the CD unless it's cheaper to get on iTunes or I can't find the CD in the store. A lot of times you get bonus songs when you buy the physical copy.

Was listening to Staind (found the my wife's CD in her car while cleaning it out last week). Damn, does that take may back to my youngin' days.I guess lead singer Aaron Lewis has gone country in the past few years. I noticed on iTunes new releases a song he had just put out for a new solo album.

I heard a Staind song last week and I forgot how good they were, it was a song off their first album. I was tempted to look for the CD and put it back on my iPod. I just hate what they became, that firmest album was so good and heavy.

I buy the CDs and put it on my iPod, but still ply some CD's on my home stereo. I have a huge collection and a CD rack full in my living room. I always try to buy the CD unless it's cheaper to get on iTunes or I can't find the CD in the store. A lot of times you get bonus songs when you buy the physical copy.

I'm glad my car has a 6 CD PLAYER in it. In that rotation is mainly older stuff/bands I still love. Otherwise I'll use the Bluetooth and listen to newer stuff off my phone. I never thought I'd move away from CDs but it happened. These days I'm buying some obscure stuff that's cheap (and a fair amount non metal) through iTunes. Mainly my workout music. I don't talk about it here but it's stuff like DJ Paul who makes and produces hardcore/horrorcore rap. Talk about a very small audience. I mean I've always liked rap (ex: WuTang, DMX, old school Ludacris) as an alternative to rock/metal but that was mainstream and the stuff I now listen to is dark and unknown for the most part.

I heard a Staind song last week and I forgot how good they were, it was a song off their first album. I was tempted to look for the CD and put it back on my iPod. I just hate what they became, that firmest album was so good and heavy.

Yeah, I was pretty happy to find the CD. It must have been 5 years since it was played. Brought back good memories. I was singing right along. Never skipped a beat. It was like 2000 all over again. :D

I'm glad my car has a 6 CD PLAYER in it. In that rotation is mainly older stuff/bands I still love. Otherwise I'll use the Bluetooth and listen to newer stuff off my phone. I never thought I'd move away from CDs but it happened. These days I'm buying some obscure stuff that's cheap (and a fair amount non metal) through iTunes. Mainly my workout music. I don't talk about it here but it's stuff like DJ Paul who makes and produces hardcore/horrorcore rap. Talk about a very small audience. I mean I've always liked rap (ex: WuTang, DMX, old school Ludacris) as an alternative to rock/metal but that was mainstream and the stuff I now listen to is dark and unknown for the most part.

Yeah, I had started to drift away from rock/metal for a bit because I couldn't find anything that wowed me. Very little of the new bands I find good,but recently on The XM app they started a new 90's metal channel called Turbo and it's all the shit I used to listen to back in the day, and that along with the 90's alt rock station, I am going back to the good old music again. I try listening to newer metal and it's just not the same sound. I know a lot of people like Ghost, but man I find them so boring. A lot of it I find the lyrics are just terrible. I had drifted twords country, but even that is starting to get blah. I'll stick with the old shit, and I know get what my parents said about my music, lol.

Yeah, I was pretty happy to find the CD. It must have been 5 years since it was played. Brought back good memories. I was singing right along. Never skipped a beat. It was like 2000 all over again. :D

Yeah, I love when that happens. I need to put that back only iPod. I actually just found a bunch of my old photos from back I the day with some bands. I found my picture with Ozzy, Papa Roach and Everclear. I miss music like that.

Yeah, I love when that happens. I need to put that back only iPod. I actually just found a bunch of my old photos from back I the day with some bands. I found my picture with Ozzy, Papa Roach and Everclear. I miss music like that.

Wow. Cool. Yeah, I miss those days. Sucks getting old. :(

Yeah, I had started to drift away from rock/metal for a bit because I couldn't find anything that wowed me. Very little of the new bands I find good,but recently on The XM app they started a new 90's metal channel called Turbo and it's all the shit I used to listen to back in the day, and that along with the 90's alt rock station, I am going back to the good old music again. I try listening to newer metal and it's just not the same sound. I know a lot of people like Ghost, but man I find them so boring. A lot of it I find the lyrics are just terrible. I had drifted twords country, but even that is starting to get blah. I'll stick with the old shit, and I know get what my parents said about my music, lol.

Rock/Metal is always going to be at the top of the list. I like to change stuff up when I'm working out and then when I have to, like when I'm driving in the car with my wife/kids. I still try to have a say on family road trips for example, I can atleast get away with listening bands like 311, Clutch or Deftones if I steer clear of the heavier stuff.

Holy shit. I just recently walked into a music store. Haven't done that in years.

Now I get how vinyl is back in style. I get that it has its own sound. What I don't get is how the fuck they get away with charging $25 for an LP. New or old. Who the fuck is paying these prices. $25 for a reprint of the Misfits Static Age?? Fucking really? And the music industry wonders why people don't buy music anymore?

Don't like the new Metallica song. Sounds a bit like DM. Of course I'll buy the CD but don't expect much. If there are 2-3 songs on it I like, I would be pretty much happy.

Will always like the band but there is so much more good stuff out there where young bands showcase how raw and energetic metal can be.

• 2 weeks later...
My cousin's band has earned a show with Crowbar in Jersey next month. May not mean much to those who don't like that style of music, but it's pretty huge to us. Check out False Gods on iTunes, and other such media. Going places baby!

no asshole. you link us the music, ok? lol

Holy shit. I just recently walked into a music store. Haven't done that in years.

Now I get how vinyl is back in style. I get that it has its own sound. What I don't get is how the fuck they get away with charging $25 for an LP. New or old. Who the fuck is paying these prices. $25 for a reprint of the Misfits Static Age?? Fucking really? And the music industry wonders why people don't buy music anymore?

yo! i seldom go into music stores as well, but i happened to walk into one somewhat recently. and while i didn't notice the prices of LPs (cause i ain't buyin none bro), i did notice just the sheer volume of vinyl they had. that struck me as odd.

no asshole. you link us the music, ok? lol

yo! i seldom go into music stores as well, but i happened to walk into one somewhat recently. and while i didn't notice the prices of LPs (cause i ain't buyin none bro), i did notice just the sheer volume of vinyl they had. that struck me as odd.

Lol I did months ago. Check em out. Here's the link again.

https://falsegods1.bandcamp.com/releases

You would probably like the song "Grant me revenge". Has a good hardcore/ type o kinda feel to it.

It's has some of the most depressing and crazy lyrics out there. I mean with lyrics like " knowing that you all will die, is the only thing that keeps me alive", is right up my alley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Korn song with Corey Taylor is being released tomorrow, can't wait to hear that one. The new Metallica song is pretty bad ass as well. Another record Im psyched about getting. I just hate having to wait so long for an album to come out when they keep releasing songs from them.

[video=youtube;4tdKl-gTpZg]