• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Damn it! You are just a stupid Dog! But you were my Doggie!

skunkman

A sad day today, but what a perfect way to go!

my dog was hit back during sweetcorn time. I was not ready then to say goodbye to my long time family member of 17 years just yet back then and peachy made it through that ordeal enough that i got to hold her for a little longer. But alas even then she was not quite right, she had a deep cough even before getting hit and the cough kept getting worse.She lost a lot of weight since July and I was even starting to talk my self into putting her to sleep. She always jumped in the back of my pickup and rode up in the tractor cabs with me but since July she just wanted to stay in the front yard at home.

I don't know why but she seemed better today so I picked her up in my arms and put her in the back of my pickup and she rode around town with me like the old days. Then I got out to get in the combine and I don't know why but I said "cmon girl" and I carried her up the combine steps and again like old times she rode the combine with me today! I broke the combine and on my way to John Deer to get it fixed I looked down and saw my Peachy not looking too good. Just then I was going by my house and my Son was just back from college and him and his mom were leaving to go watch a football game. I called Jacob over and said " I think it's Peachy's time, come over and give her your love and say goodbye" So that is what we did, we got to hold her, rub her, tell her she was the best pal a family could have! I told her that Shanel thought she was the best and gave her a hug for Shanel. She looked up, saw my Dad, my wife, and my son and then she looked at me and then life faded from her eyes!

I am so glad that I had this special day with my dog and am so glad that this was the way she went.

Thanks man! I cried like a baby but what a special day to go out the way she did!

My Dad even said "Who cares about the Damn Combine it was meant to be so that we could all be there for her!"

I would, too. I can't even think about that day coming for Baxter. He's my best friend.

Sorry skunk. But at least it sounds like she had a great life.

My old lady is probably on her last legs too. Nearly 17 years old for a small dog is a long life. Sad to see her in the state she's in but she still manages to have good days. Can't imagine how tough it will be when she finally goes.

Hang in there skunk and family.

Sorry to hear Skunk, this is the hardest thing to go through. Like others have said, I dread the day I have to lose my two guys. I have had dogs my whole life, and losing one hurts more than anything. Now that my Pug is getting older, I worry more and more about him. They are like kids.

A sad day today, but what a perfect way to go!

my dog was hit back during sweetcorn time. I was not ready then to say goodbye to my long time family member of 17 years just yet back then and peachy made it through that ordeal enough that i got to hold her for a little longer. But alas even then she was not quite right, she had a deep cough even before getting hit and the cough kept getting worse.She lost a lot of weight since July and I was even starting to talk my self into putting her to sleep. She always jumped in the back of my pickup and rode up in the tractor cabs with me but since July she just wanted to stay in the front yard at home.

I don't know why but she seemed better today so I picked her up in my arms and put her in the back of my pickup and she rode around town with me like the old days. Then I got out to get in the combine and I don't know why but I said "cmon girl" and I carried her up the combine steps and again like old times she rode the combine with me today! I broke the combine and on my way to John Deer to get it fixed I looked down and saw my Peachy not looking too good. Just then I was going by my house and my Son was just back from college and him and his mom were leaving to go watch a football game. I called Jacob over and said " I think it's Peachy's time, come over and give her your love and say goodbye" So that is what we did, we got to hold her, rub her, tell her she was the best pal a family could have! I told her that Shanel thought she was the best and gave her a hug for Shanel. She looked up, saw my Dad, my wife, and my son and then she looked at me and then life faded from her eyes!

I am so glad that I had this special day with my dog and am so glad that this was the way she went.

Sorry to hear that Skunk, but it Sounds like your Peachy passed as beautifully as a dog can go, among friends and family and ... one last ride with you in the combine.

It's gonna hurt for a while, but you already know that I reckon. Thoughts with ya, mate.

Archived