• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Beginning This Monday, March 4th, at 9am...The First Ever "McGuire Mondays"

Pete

Folks, beginning at precisely 9am on Monday, the moment you've all been waiting for has arrived.

The staff of BSBH are bringing you...

McGuire Mondays

The rules on McGuire Mondays are simple. At the first mention of ANY player in a thread, that mention MUST contain:

• Full name of player, doesn't matter if it's correct or not, because let's face it — Pierre doesn't fucking know.

• Junior team or college must be mentioned.

And at least 1 of the following:

• You must include at least (1) CHL or NCAA factoid about said player, the more obscure the better.

• Any World Junior metric must be mentioned, no matter how irrelevant. If the guy made development camp and got cut first because he farted on the bench and shit himself, I want to know about it.

• When you rag a player, the rage spewed must be totally over the top (should be easy), and likewise

• When you praise a player you must perform the most prolific verbal fellatio the world has ever seen. There is NO in between.

There's rep at stake here. The more McGuire, the more the rep.

--

Let the countdown to 9am tomorrow begin. :)

Definitely an amazing idea by Peter Lenz, formerly a bad boy of Brooklyn and WBB, but currently an admin at BSBH and en route to becoming a resident of the Garden State. It is his uncanning ability as a both an agitator and threadmaker that lifts the spirits of his team and his followers on a nightly basis, even during his wedding and lockout shortened season and despite his mandatory shifts on a line with Mikey37, which does lead to rare 1-2 punches of Marty McSorley-esque proportions.

After the break, we'll be a looking at his best punchlines, brought to you by BoardYapper, your app for the best online yapping. Yap at all your friends with BoardYapper.com.

Definitely an amazing idea by Peter Lenz, formerly a bad boy of Brooklyn and WBB, but currently an admin at BSBH and en route to becoming a resident of the Garden State. It is his uncanning ability as a both an agitator and threadmaker that lifts the spirits of his team and his followers on a nightly basis, even during his wedding and lockout shortened season and despite his mandatory shifts on a line with Mikey37, which does lead to rare 1-2 punches of Marty McSorley-esque proportions.

After the break, we'll be a looking at his best punchlines, brought to you by BoardYapper, your app for the best online yapping. Yap at all your friends with BoardYapper.com.

Read that as alligator. Was very confused.

• 3 weeks later...

If you were wondering why I haven't repped you for this, it's because I just saw it for the first time.

I'd also like to mention that although Pete and I play on the same line, he spends most of his time in the penalty box. So the 1-2 combination you're speaking of is usually me killing off the other team's power play.

• 6 months later...

He's very intelligent. I assure you, you can scour every hockey forum on the planet and you won't find anyone who knows more about Junior hockey or the NCAA than Pierre McGuire. He has a brilliant understanding of the lower ranks leading to the NHL that's rivaled by few.

His problem is he is pretentious and a bit of a blowhard, so he finds it necessary to talk over really important moments of the game just to get his factoids in. That's what drives most fans nuts.

Also, it's "Edzo", not "enzo", just FYI. Short for Eddie Olcyz / Eds O.

He's very intelligent. I assure you, you can scour every hockey forum on the planet and you won't find anyone who knows more about Junior hockey or the NCAA than Pierre McGuire. He has a brilliant understanding of the lower ranks leading to the NHL that's rivaled by few.

His problem is he is pretentious and a bit of a blowhard, so he finds it necessary to talk over really important moments of the game just to get his factoids in. That's what drives most fans nuts.

Also, it's "Edzo", not "enzo", just FYI. Short for Eddie Olcyz / Eds O.

shudup. i knew that. i have 6 fingers on my left hand, so one always gets in the way

Archived