• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL GameCenter

BlueJay

Thats right.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/18/microsoft-nhl-gamecenter-xbox-live/

Microsoft's quest to become king of the living room by continuing the expansion of its console's entertainment services just grew a little more today. The Redmond-based company has announced that NHL GameCenter is now available to Xbox Live members with a Gold subscription, delivering great news to hockey fanatics ahead of the already controversial 2013 season. Regardless of lockouts and all that, though, the National Hockey League application's set to bring plenty of content to the Xbox Live folk, including real-time scores and stats, a Season Central hub that shows you the league's schedule and, naturally, the ability to watch replays and live games (as long as you shell out the $50 fee for the 2012-2013 season, of course). Per Microsoft, NHL GameCenter is available "around the globe," however countries like Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland don't appear to have made the cut. The rest of you, meanwhile, can download the app starting today.

i guess since I have the Rangerrs, isladners, devils and sabres up here i can watch a game every night.

playoff games though? thats some BS

do you know if the same account can be used on multiple devices?

I think the same account can be used on multiple devices, but be careful. You're in New York, so you might get blacked out from all Rangers, Islanders, Devils, and Sabres games.

I think the same account can be used on multiple devices, but be careful. You're in New York, so you might get blacked out from all Rangers, Islanders, Devils, and Sabres games.

You get blacked out from any local games unless you use a VPN ;)

So far no PS3 app this season.. Coming Soon*

However the mobile app is updated and fixed what was wrong with the ps3 / mobile apps respectively (mainly quality filter vs always auto)

I have it and it's pretty awesome. LAst year i used it on the ps3 which has a better interface than the Xbox version but this year it's still not available for the ps3 so Xbox it is. Games are in HD as long as your connection is good. Can watch two games at once with split screen. Can watch about 600 different classic games, every game from every team this year and last year. Any local game is blacked out when live but available when it's over. I haven't watched one on the Xbox yet right after the game is over but last year the ps3 was usually up about 30 minutes after the game ended live for the Rangers.

It's a good service, and $50 gives you access to most games. However, so far all the Rangers games have been blacked out so far because they were broadcasted on NBC, NBCSN or NHLN, so take that into consideration.

50 Dollars for this season.

Oh and you could spring for a VPN (1-5 dollars a month) if you want to watch your local team .

It's a good service, and $50 gives you access to most games. However, so far all the Rangers games have been blacked out so far because they were broadcasted on NBC, NBCSN or NHLN, so take that into consideration.

Good point. I've been waiting to purchase it because as of right now I've seen every game on either NBC/NHLN, Comcast Sports Philly.......same goes for tonight......then their next game vs. the Pens is on NHLN I believe.

I rationalize it like this.

If I am JUST watching rangers games..

Minimum 3 games a week*

3 x 4 = 12

12 x 60 min = 720 min of entertainment for 20 dollars.

A blu ray is 20 dollars and most likely under 200min.

You get entertaint by Rangers games? How?

I suffer through them, even wins. :D

Archived