• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Question for the police officers in here...

viventi

I've heard mixed responses over something like this in the past...and have never had this happen to me so now I'm curious.

I was pulled over (surprise, surprise) over the weekend. I was originally being pulled over for speeding...24mph over :disappointed:. The cop was nice enough to let me go with just a ticket for not having my front plate on my car.

After looking at the ticket though I noticed a few things...one, the cop lists my car on the ticket as an Acura, I have an Infiniti. I mean it's pretty clear, it says 'infiniti' across the trunk of the car. Two, he lists my height on the ticket as 5'0, it says 5'3 on my license, he also lists a weight, but NJ licenses don't have out weight on them, so where was he getting info like that?

Anyway...I'm curious as to if this ticket could be dropped for that kind of stuff? Honestly, I'm probably just going to cut my losses and be thankful he gave me a $54 ticket instead of a ticket that's 4 points+whatever fine 23mph over is...but people have me wondering.

Ps, spare me the crap guyzzzzz. ;)

421187_637995190927_1115483438_n.jpg

The only info that is wrong that would get the ticket thrown out is the info that is wrong about your car. They wouldn't throw out a ticket because they have the wrong height and weight on a summonse(I didn't even know they would put that on a ticket, we don't have that here, except in our notes section on the back of the ticket we keep.) any time you have the wrong make, plate or vin number you should fight it and it should be tossed. Can't say that is 100%, but that is what generally happens.

If a cop gave me a big break like that, I'm not sure I'd push my luck.

Why not? It's not like they'll reverse it or something lol. I personally wouldn't fight the ticket being that it's only 50 bucks. It's not worth the hassle or the time. Unless of course you can plead not guilty and send a copy of your license and registration to them with the ticket.

You spend how much money getting your car ready for your Fast&Furious6 audition, and you're worried about $50?

Ummm...

Honestly, I'm probably just going to cut my losses and be thankful he gave me a $54 ticket instead of a ticket that's 4 points+whatever fine 23mph over is...but people have me wondering.

I wasn't really looking to get it dropped, it's only $54...but I showed the ticket to friends etc because I thought it was funny that they listed my car as an Acura and theyre all like, "oh you should fight that". I never thought it was possible to do so...

Fair enough, if someone listed my Infiniti as an Acura I'd fight that as well.

I'm most likely not going to. I was pulled over on my way to Long Island, this happened in central Jersey, it'd be a waste of my time and money to go fight it. Besides, he let me off easy. Karma, right? ;)

You spend how much money getting your car ready for your Fast&Furious6 audition, and you're worried about $50?

Hahahaha perfect.

Seriously though. If this happened to me, I would let it go. Even if you could easily fight it and get it thrown out, this is the question you should be asking...how would that affect the cop who was kind enough to let you go with a lesser offense? He would probably look like a total fool at the very least, if not get some kind of slap on the wrist for fucking up. And if you think he deserves to, or you dont care if he does, thats fine. But I think it should be at least taken into account.

I've heard mixed responses over something like this in the past...and have never had this happen to me so now I'm curious.

I was pulled over (surprise, surprise) over the weekend. I was originally being pulled over for speeding...24mph over :disappointed:. The cop was nice enough to let me go with just a ticket for not having my front plate on my car.

After looking at the ticket though I noticed a few things...one, the cop lists my car on the ticket as an Acura, I have an Infiniti. I mean it's pretty clear, it says 'infiniti' across the trunk of the car. Two, he lists my height on the ticket as 5'0, it says 5'3 on my license, he also lists a weight, but NJ licenses don't have out weight on them, so where was he getting info like that?

Anyway...I'm curious as to if this ticket could be dropped for that kind of stuff? Honestly, I'm probably just going to cut my losses and be thankful he gave me a $54 ticket instead of a ticket that's 4 points+whatever fine 23mph over is...but people have me wondering.

Ps, spare me the crap guyzzzzz. ;)

421187_637995190927_1115483438_n.jpg

Horseshit, 5'3. You're not even 5'3 in heels.

Hahahaha perfect.

Seriously though. If this happened to me, I would let it go. Even if you could easily fight it and get it thrown out, this is the question you should be asking...how would that affect the cop who was kind enough to let you go with a lesser offense? He would probably look like a total fool at the very least, if not get some kind of slap on the wrist for fucking up. And if you think he deserves to, or you dont care if he does, thats fine. But I think it should be at least taken into account.

Read, son!!! :D

I'm most likely not going to (fight it). I was pulled over on my way to Long Island, this happened in central Jersey, it'd be a waste of my time and money to go fight it. Besides, he let me off easy. Karma, right? ;)

If I ever pull you over, I'm hammering you for everything possible, including the illegal tints and missing license plate ON TOP of the 25+ miles I'm sure you'll be doing over the limit. If for nothing else, just for all the times you skated on tickets and than bitched about something after.

I've never met someone who got pulled over for speeding SO many times and never actually get a speeding ticket. Between the accidents and the speeding tickets, your license should be revoked on points (no joke)

If I ever pull you over, I'm hammering you for everything possible, including the illegal tints and missing license plate ON TOP of the 25+ miles I'm sure you'll be doing over the limit. If for nothing else, just for all the times you skated on tickets and than bitched about something after.

I've never met someone who got pulled over for speeding SO many times and never actually get a speeding ticket. Between the accidents and the speeding tickets, your license should be revoked on points (no joke)

Wow

Wow

Relax, we live in different states, I have no jurisdiction lol.

I've known Lindsay outside the forum for what, 5 or 6 years? I've literally never known someone who's gotten pulled over for speeding SO much and never received a speeding ticket. Between those tickets that never were and the 6 or 7 accidents that she's been in, I don't even understand how she has a license lol.

My friends have actually let her off tickets before. It just boggles my mind as someone who lives with Murphy's law as rule, who has gotten hammered every time I've done ANYTHING behind the wheel can know someone who can literally do what they want and get away scott free EVERYTIME. At some point, you have to pay the piper, no?

Relax, we live in different states, I have no jurisdiction lol.

I've known Lindsay outside the forum for what, 5 or 6 years? I've literally never known someone who's gotten pulled over for speeding SO much and never received a speeding ticket. Between those tickets that never were and the 6 or 7 accidents that she's been in, I don't even understand how she has a license lol.

My friends have actually let her off tickets before. It just boggles my mind as someone who lives with Murphy's law as rule, who has gotten hammered every time I've done ANYTHING behind the wheel can know someone who can literally do what they want and get away scott free EVERYTIME. At some point, you have to pay the piper, no?

Stop, take a deep breath, look in the mirror and then listen to some of the things that come out of your mouth.... or better yet, read some of the posts you make on the forum and or fb. Maybe that will help you out. Call me if you want to discuss it further. You have my number.

GET 'EM

Archived