• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Anniversary Ideas

Phil

First is coming up this October (14th). Problem is, we're trying to save money, so "go to Hawaii!" and the like are not feasible possibilities. Ideally, I'd love to stay local. I considered B&B's in Eastern LI (but know nothing of any of them), or even dinner and a night in a hotel here in the city somewhere with a view, etc.

Remember, money matters here. It's not a total killer, but I'm not going to drop two grand on plane tickets and a weeks' worth of hotel stays on some beach somewhere either.

Ideas?

Seriously though, if you want to go relatively cheap and are going during the fall, take a trip up to Watkins' Glen. She'll enjoy taking pictures and it's a beautiful nature experience.

That may work, but it may also be a cop out on my end since she's from 20 minutes south of the area. We've been there three or four times the last few years. Always loved it, though, so it might be a really cheap solution. Gonna have to give that some thought. Might be able to do a whole picnic in the park type thing.

The other problem is though, I'm not sure how much time we'll really have. Our actual anniversary is going to be on a Monday, but with us both in full-time positions (me starting a new job), we can't really take time off, so it'd have to be for a weekend.

Yeah, that's a bummer :(

You gonna go with those deals, Phil?

Well, none of this is a surprise for her, so I'll run things like that by her tonight and see what she thinks. The money is definitely right, and the views look great. Might be perfect for what we're envisioning.

If $$$ is an issue, id just go with a fancy dinner to one of the top restaurants in the city. An anniversary gives you an excuse to go to a NYC Michelin starred restaurant when you probably normally wouldnt any other time of year. You have a lifetime together to go on a bunch of weekend getaways/vacations to New Hampshire, LI, Vermont, etc......

If $$$ is an issue, id just go with a fancy dinner to one of the top restaurants in the city. An anniversary gives you an excuse to go to a NYC Michelin starred restaurant when you probably normally wouldnt any other time of year. You have a lifetime together to go on a bunch of weekend getaways/vacations to New Hampshire, LI, Vermont, etc......

Theyll be having a kid shortly. Wont have as many opportunities.

I know a great B&B on the Delaware River in Jersey that is a great for a night or two. Depending on room choice , 2 nights would run anywhere from $300-$650 total.

I took my wife on our 1st anniversary and it was a great quick getaway. A few of the higher priced rooms actually have their own restocked breakfast pantry/kitchen in your suite so you don't have to eat with other folks at the B&B which is a nice option.

Here is a link to the place:

http://www.chestnuthillnj.com/home.html

This place has a perfect score rating on trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46622-d114480-Reviews-Chestnut_Hill_on_the_Delaware-Milford_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS

I recommend it for anyone for any occasion, or just to escape the daily grind.

Rome, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I've been there a few times.

Been and lived all over New England and upstate. If you're going to do the foliage getaway thing, go to New Hampshire. No where comes close. The White Mountains are the most underrated destination spot ever. It's stunning up there any time of year.

I love the White Mountains - great skiing in winter, great scenery the rest of the year.

Archived