• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pro Wrasslin' — WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact Wrestling & Beyond

Phil

I believe the next three shows are all from United Center. I know everyone thinks CM Punk is coming this Friday, but I get the sense they're not going to waste his debut on a 10pm Friday night slot and will wait for next Tuesday's Dynamite for the biggest crowd possible. Maybe they do a major tease for him tomorrow night?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punk debuting before Summerslam would be pretty cool but yea a 10pm slot is kinda late.

When is SummerSlam? I don't know that they really care about that, to be honest. Their viewership/audience is pretty consistent, and there seems to be genuine interest in what will happen on the Danielson/Punk fronts that I doubt changes based on if they have them debut before or after SS.

I do think he makes a ton more sense to debut on Dynamite, though. I haven't seen the Rampage ratings/viewership numbers yet, but I'd imagine they're smaller than Dynamite, which is going on three years now in the same slot.

Link:

The full quote: “It’s great to be able to have those possibilities and not to have everything spoiled for you. But on the other hand, I think everybody has a pretty good idea what to expect tonight. I don’t like to let people down, and I have no plans to disappoint anybody tonight. I think people are going to be very happy with what they see. They’ve been waiting to see this for a long time. And finally at The First Dance, I think we’re going to satisfy a lot of people and make a lot of wrestling fans really happy. And we’re going to make some new fans. There are going to be people that read about what happen tonight and they’re going to want to come check out AEW. And that’s exactly the reaction we’re looking for.”

--

Holy shit, it's totally happening tonight.