• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I'm just saying, you may not always have that opportunity. Think worst case scenario type stuff. What would happen if (knocking on wood) your car flipped and you landed in a ditch in the rain? What if your one-touch device is destroyed, etc? It just seems logical to me to put the phone somewhere within reach that still serves as a compartment so you aren't distracted by it buzzing/ringing.

Yup Peetie came up with solution for me

I personally think you're too easily distracted then.

Whatever works for you though.

This. I just think it's absurd that someone takes the time to actually put a phone in the trunk every time they get in the car...that just seems ridiculous.

Like everyone else said...not safe. Use what Pete said, i had it on my Droid too.

This. I just think it's absurd that someone takes the time to actually put a phone in the trunk every time they get in the car...that just seems ridiculous.

Like everyone else said...not safe. Use what Pete said, i had it on my Droid too.

Well I always have my computer bag so it goes in there but yes, I apreciate the concerns everyone.

I downloaded an app called Waze which is a GPS. While your driving it doesn't allow you to use it. It says something along the lines of "You are currently driving and are not supposed to be on your phone" and then another pops up "If you are the passenger, press ok to use". I just think it's cool that the creator of the app had the safety of other drivers in mind when creating it.

I downloaded an app called Waze which is a GPS. While your driving it doesn't allow you to use it. It says something along the lines of "You are currently driving and are not supposed to be on your phone" and then another pops up "If you are the passenger, press ok to use". I just think it's cool that the creator of the app had the safety of other drivers in mind when creating it.

Hate that app. Zero decent GPS apps for iPhone. Can't wait for the new OS for a good GPS app..

That feature isn't at all new tho... I had that in my infiniti i30 I got in 2001... and there was no cheat passenger function.. hah

its garbage now because its still a beta product, which was a highly unusual move by Apple to put an unfinished product on the market. Theyre making major improvements for it with the update but I dont think its out of beta yet.

Regardless, the simple tasks that siri does well now are what you would need to do hands-free in a car anyway, like sending texts, emails, reminders, etc with your voice

its garbage now because its still a beta product, which was a highly unusual move by Apple to put an unfinished product on the market. Theyre making major improvements for it with the update but I dont think its out of beta yet.

Regardless, the simple tasks that siri does well now are what you would need to do hands-free in a car anyway, like sending texts, emails, reminders, etc with your voice

Google Voice Search has been doing this for over a year though.

I'm talking about in-car integration though so whoever did what first is irrelevant. As far as I know Google doesnt have any sort of deal with automakers to set up dedicated Siri integration in upcoming cars like Apple does, where you'll be able to access Siri via a button on the steering wheel once your iDevice is hooked up to the car

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/11/apple-siri-eyes-free/

Hate that app. Zero decent GPS apps for iPhone. Can't wait for the new OS for a good GPS app..

That feature isn't at all new tho... I had that in my infiniti i30 I got in 2001... and there was no cheat passenger function.. hah

What did you find wrong with the app? I love it. It's never failed me thus far. I've only used it a dozen times or so though.

Hi everyone! Just dropped Grace off at the airport, will see her again in just 10 days when I arrive in the US.

Amazing experience with Delta Airlines: Grace was supposed to fly yesterday, we drove to the airport (Brussels is just 50 minutes away) and arrived well on time. They had overbooked and asked for volunteers. We had the time, so what they offered us in exchange for an extra day together (lol, and they act like it's a bad thing) was a free lunch at a local restaurant, a free upgrade to business class for Grace's flight today and... $1000 US dollars in flight vouchers to be used within the next 18 months.

LMAO, so we got an extra day together, free lunch, possible two free trips to see each other and Grace is flying with her own bed right now. Thanks Delta! :cool:

Hi everyone! Just dropped Grace off at the airport, will see her again in just 10 days when I arrive in the US.

Amazing experience with Delta Airlines: Grace was supposed to fly yesterday, we drove to the airport (Brussels is just 50 minutes away) and arrived well on time. They had overbooked and asked for volunteers. We had the time, so what they offered us in exchange for an extra day together (lol, and they act like it's a bad thing) was a free lunch at a local restaurant, a free upgrade to business class for Grace's flight today and... $1000 US dollars in flight vouchers to be used within the next 18 months.

LMAO, so we got an extra day together, free lunch, possible two free trips to see each other and Grace is flying with her own bed right now. Thanks Delta! :cool:

WOW! That's some deal. I'd have done that in a heartbeat.

Yeah, United did that the last time I flew. It certainly wasn't as lucrative, but it also wasn't an international flight.

Not a bad deal there, Jules.