• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Thanks to all once again.

He's most likely going to pass away sooner than later so we don't want him to suffer

His liver and kidneys both failed so it's something we have to do tomorrow. We made arrangements for a funeral Saturday

And on the side note. I'm sorry to hear that Tom, good luck to your grandmother!

I know how hard it is to pull the plug, but please trust me when I say it's the right decision. The family member in charge of the decision selfishly let my grandmother hang on by threads for months and I begged and pleaded to just end her suffering. It's the right call, no matter what.

He's most likely going to pass away sooner than later so we don't want him to suffer

His liver and kidneys both failed so it's something we have to do tomorrow. We made arrangements for a funeral Saturday

And on the side note. I'm sorry to hear that Tom, good luck to your grandmother!

If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. Its something I hate having to come to terms with.

Scary how many of our parents died at or near age 57. My dad would've turned 60 last month, had he not passed away from a number of complications, most related to lungs and heart and indeed smoking was involved. He just couldn't quit, especially after his stroke at age 55, which left him scared of little things and gave him a stressful life. I felt horrible seeing him suffer.

My dad died from cancer when he was 58. He was diagnosed in February or March of 2006 and died that August. My mom died two years ago from a heart attack. Both had smoked, but had quit back when I was in like 6th or 7th grade. My dad had stomach cancer that just spread everywhere. The thing that really sucks is that my dad never got to see me get married, and both never got to spend that much time with their grandson, especially the one that was so close. They hardly ever saw my sisters kids because she never wanted them to come up to see them and always made excuses.

I think my mom and grandma have to make a decision by tomorrow. They might decide to pull the plug. He's on life support an it doesn't look like itll get better.

His right lung is completely collapsed and the cancer is targeting his left now.

Just an update

FYI cigarettes are a bitch. Id do so much to promote not smoking after these experiences

I'm sorry you and your family are going through this :(

So many sad stories of people losing parents and grandparents at relatively young ages :(

My mom has been fighting (cigarette induced) lung cancer since 2009. She's only 62.

Fuck smoking!

Fuck smoking indeed. I smoked a pack a day for about 10 years. The minute I found out we were having a baby I said, "Fuck this shit" and quit. Haven't had a cigarette since. I want to be there for my kids for as long as possible. Obviously there are things I can't avoid, but smoking was in my control and I wont go because of something I'm doing wrong.

My grandfather passed away this morning at 5:30 a.m, we're making the arrangments ASAP.

If you're asking why I'm here, it's because although I'm 21, my parents won't allow me going to the hospital, so i'm impatiently waiting at home.

Thanks everyone for their prayers and wishes, but he's in a better place now. He was a religious man and from a religious family, so I'm sure they all know he's in a better place

My grandfather passed away this morning at 5:30 a.m, we're making the arrangments ASAP.

If you're asking why I'm here, it's because although I'm 21, my parents won't allow me going to the hospital, so i'm impatiently waiting at home.

Thanks everyone for their prayers and wishes, but he's in a better place now. He was a religious man and from a religious family, so I'm sure they all know he's in a better place

RIP Nonno. :(

My condolences.

My condolences.

May he rest in peace.

My condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear this.

I'm sorry to hear that man. Hit me on FB if you need to vent/talk.