• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

need a good book to read...finished Song of Ice and Fire too quickly lol

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell is a book that will make you think so I would recommend that.

It is a collection of stories all centered around some concepts. The first chapter is about minor league hockey players so it is a good way to gauge potential interest.

I am currently reading Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson.

yeah thats why I want to go in a different direction with a new book, because I wont be able to get the saga out of my head

My buddy's wife is telling me to get into The Name of the Wind series by Patrick Rothfuss.

Yeah I'm definitely not getting nominated for shit LOL. Don't care anyway

Same. Aside from the Leetch Award, I don't think I qualify for anything. That is unless an award is created for the best poster under 20. Then I got that in the bag.

You're both in the running for the Leetch award.

You're both in the running for the Leetch award.

Like I said, that's about it for me. I don't see myself really getting nominated for anything else besides that one Best Sig nomination from Tom. Plus if I get nominated, I get hopeful. If I get hopeful, I lose. Plus I'd only see myself being nominated for something like Best Stalker Award. Applicable to my "obsession" with Pete.

Like I said, that's about it for me. I don't see myself really getting nominated for anything else besides that one Best Sig nomination from Tom. Plus if I get nominated, I get hopeful. If I get hopeful, I lose. Plus I'd only see myself being nominated for something like Best Stalker Award. Applicable to my "obsession" with Pete.

All the more reason to work that much harder for whatever awards you're gunning for next year.

What are you, a direct tv commercial?

All the more reason to work that much harder for whatever awards you're gunning for next year.

Yeah, I'll just spend a little bit more time in front of a computer. Don't want to turn into Steve and start gunning for a moderator spot. My desire to be a moderator is all in jest.

But I do hope to be more active this summer. I've only accumulated about 500 posts since December.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll just spend a little bit more time in front of a computer. Don't want to turn into Steve and start gunning for a moderator spot. My desire to be a moderator is all in jest.

But I do hope to be more active this summer. I've only accumulated about 500 posts since December.

Quality, not quantity, is what gets you noticed for awards. Just FYI.

If you had 15,000 posts but no one could remember a one of them, you still wouldn't get nominated.

I think the greatest mystery of life is that when I open my window, my WiFi connection fucking dies, but then when I close it again, it's like lightning again.

Very odd. My guess is that you're broadcasting on a channel with too much interference. I'd suggest doing a quick network scan of your local wireless networks to see what most are using, and then update yours to use one with far fewer.

Quality, not quantity, is what gets you noticed for awards. Just FYI.

If you had 15,000 posts but no one could remember a one of them, you still wouldn't get nominated.

correct. take me for example. 10K posts and nominated in 1 category. Either up the quality or stop caring about the awards so much if you dont want to change your style

Very odd. My guess is that you're broadcasting on a channel with too much interference. I'd suggest doing a quick network scan of your local wireless networks to see what most are using, and then update yours to use one with far fewer.

Definitely not it :/ I move through that shit all the time.

It's the architecture of my apt, I think.