• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Don't wanna open a new thread for this, just comment a bit on a news item here in Germany.

A 11-year old girl got raped and murdered last week in the small town of Emdem in western Germany. Sad and sickening story of course.

On Wednesday police arrested a 17 year old and said he might be the culprit. Which is when the usual hell broke lose, while the media stayed surprisingly calm, social networks raged and soon enough on the same day, a lynchmob gathered at the police station where he was held. Tried to storm the station, but was repelled, whether by force or talk I don't know. Still they were there to kill.

Well guess what, yesterday police had to admit that the boy was totally innocent and released him. (Arrested an 18 year old today instead)

Innocent until proven guilty seems to be an outdated thing in the eyes of way to many people and I am sick of it. People seem to forget that this is part of freedom and has to be protected at all cost.

• Like 1

... social networks raged and soon enough on the same day, a lynchmob gathered at the police station where he was held. Tried to storm the station, but was repelled, whether by force or talk I don't know. Still they were there to kill.

Well guess what, yesterday police had to admit that the boy was totally innocent and released him. (Arrested an 18 year old today instead)

Innocent until proven guilty seems to be an outdated thing in the eyes of way to many people and I am sick of it. People seem to forget that this is part of freedom and has to be protected at all cost.

even over there, wow, shows how snap judgements can really get out of hand.

even over there, wow, shows how snap judgements can really get out of hand.

Yeah, that guys life is ruined. Emden has like 50.000 people living there and he was arrested in brought daylight for every neighbor to see.

You know how it works, police says he is proven innocent, but there will always be idiots out there who don't get it.