• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I love peoples reasonings for rooting for teams all over the country when they have lived in the same place their whole lives.

"Thats my pops team yo!"

Isn't rooting for "yo pops" team the most natural thing to do? I grew up in one town, rooted for that town's main rival in soccer, because my dad's parents used to work for that rival and he was a fan. That's exactly how it works.

I love peoples reasonings for rooting for teams all over the country when they have lived in the same place their whole lives.

"Thats my pops team yo!"

You should be happy I didn't follow suit, or I'd be a Penguins fan. I was born in PA, too.

I know a lot of people who cheer for different cities, states and teams because of moving around the US. I have friends who regularly go to Carolina Hurricanes games, cheer for the NY Giants and the Atlanta Braves. They moved from Jersey to Carolina.

I've moved and my allegiances in teams always stay the same

Isn't rooting for "yo pops" team the most natural thing to do? I grew up in one town, rooted for that town's main rival in soccer, because my dad's parents used to work for that rival and he was a fan. That's exactly how it works.

Yea but when you're a Heat, Blackhawks, Packers, and Yankees fan it's pretty comical when that is the reasoning.

Yea but when you're a Heat, Blackhawks, Packers, and Yankees fan it's pretty comical when that is the reasoning.

Sure. Point is, American sports grew on me. It was hockey first, the rest came later and it came as I moved and went to different places and met different people. I guess bravery is right and my story is different, but people move and change. If you aren't set on a team, that could change later if you move.

Sure. Point is, American sports grew on me. It was hockey first, the rest came later and it came as I moved and went to different places and met different people. I guess bravery is right and my story is different, but people move and change. If you aren't set on a team, that could change later if you move.

You're from Europe so you're allowed to pick any teams you want. I'm talking about people born and raised here.

My sports allegiances are NYC teams (except baseball) and I choose every team on my own b/c I grew up with out my pops lol.

Rangers

Knicks

G-men

Red Sox for the AL, Mets for the NL, but I watched more American league baseball bc I hated watching pitchers bat. This is only because I HATED the Yankees growing up and I wasn't too into the mets. When I was a kid in the early 90 to mid 90's both the Mets and the Red Sox sucked lol.

I deleted the first post Niko. I have no issue if you post a pic of just me, but I am sure my friend there wouldn't appreciate her picture on a random forum like this.

No harm, but I actually don't think I look like the guy at all, especially not when I grow my hair. :rofl:

I remembered you had posted pics of yourself in the pics thread and I believe Rhommy posted pics of you guys together, so I figured it wouldn't be an issue. My apologies again.

The only issue was the friend. Let's see if I can find that pic with Rhommy or Mr. Smith, so I can revive that picture thread of all of us. :D

Great, I got conned into doing a double tonight, and when I got to work, of course because it was cold out, we have no heat. So we were sitting here, and then all of a sudden the blowers turned on, so now not only do I not have heat for a 17 hours, but now I have to deal with the AC on blowing out cold air, this sucks.

"Thats my pops team yo!"

You should be happy I didn't follow suit, or I'd be a Penguins fan. I was born in PA, too.

This...I was born in New York City but grew up outside of Philly. With that logic I should like the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and...hate the Rangers :D