• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Life is a bitch, so after all the positive things these week it decided to put a downer on it by taking my grandfather to hospital and probably soon from this world.

Appearently he had a heart attack this week without telling anyone and all organs are in bad condition, seems like it will be any day now.

Well, he had a long life and actually said for years that he doesn't want to live anymore (since my grandmother died), still a sad thing obviously.

Life is a bitch, so after all the positive things these week it decided to put a downer on it by taking my grandfather to hospital and probably soon from this world.

Appearently he had a heart attack this week without telling anyone and all organs are in bad condition, seems like it will be any day now.

Well, he had a long life and actually said for years that he doesn't want to live anymore (since my grandmother died), still a sad thing obviously.

Meh, old people die. My Grandpa died on Wednesday and it was sad but it was also nice seeing him finally move on.

Meh, old people die. My Grandpa died on Wednesday and it was sad but it was also nice seeing him finally move on.

Well, death is a touchy subject of course, but I agree. If people feel it was time to move on and they had a good life, death is not just sad, it can be a relief.

Thanks K, but I am fine. It seems to be his time, he is over 80 years old and talked about wanting to go on for years now. He's hut himself from the world and doesn't really try to communicate any more (also for years now), not even with us. I visited him sometimes the past month to bring him food and such and it was always the same.

I think the only thing that's really left to wish for is an end in peace without pain.

Thank you.

He is a stubborn guy, appearently he tried to run from the hospital last night. Not so easy, considering he has only one leg since 1945 (he has an artificial leg that he takes of for the night). Luckily, the other persons in his room called the nurses before he made it out of the room.

Oh it had me smiling a bit. He won't give in and change till the end. He also didn't allow the doctors to check on his old leg wound, claiming that todays doctors have no idea how to treat a war injury :D (when all the doctors back than did, was cut of everything until they thought it was enough)

After many nights of writing madness, I just can't bring myself to working hard on a new paper tonight. I'll start tomorrow. I'll have to, it's two more weeks til summer.

Dude - I owe you an apology. I never got a chance to read your thesis and I feel absolutely terrible.

Dude - I owe you an apology. I never got a chance to read your thesis and I feel absolutely terrible.

This. Honestly thought i'd have had the chance last weekend to read it, didn't get around to it. I know its after the fact, but I read your intro and into the first example and its great. I think you'll have no problem with it.

No problem guys. I have offered to read things too and never to got to it. I anticipated that and send it out to 10 friends. 5 of them read it, 3 of them even did a full spell check and 1 of them even went through a fact check. It was checked, checked and checked again. Dont worry about it. The final product is something I believe in.

And I'm not sure if I'm going to compare other terrorist to McVeigh. I mean, the argument will be around the "registered Republican with NRA membership, veteran from the Gulf war"-gone-bad image of McVeigh and the question will be; was he a serious political and maybe even religious fundamentalist or just a lunatic who lost it?