• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MTL Acquires Christian Dvorak from ARI for Two Draft Picks

Shane Falco

• Phil changed the title to MTL Acquires Christian Dvorak from ARI for Two Draft Picks

I mean, it makes complete sense as a replacement for Kotkaniemi. Their career P/GP and career best years are pretty much on par, but I thought Jeff Marek framed it best when talking about this on the latest 31 Thoughts podcast when he said Dvorak exists in actuality and Kotkaniemi still exists in potentiality. It's certainly possible that Kotkaniemi will be the better player, but if you're in Montréal's positon, you want the sure and reliable thing. That's Dvorak.

2 minutes ago, G1000 said:

They have a plan. Whether the lottery balls will allow it or their scouting department is up to snuff or they finish the plan while still in Arizona is very much up for debate.

I didn't say they don't have a plan, I said they don't have a discernible plan.

I can think of worse ways to do so than with Chychun signed long-term and an avalanche of early round draft picks. They can do a ton of work in a single draft year to remodel their future while all these random vets serve as warm bodies.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, Phil said:

I mean, it makes complete sense as a replacement for Kotkaniemi. Their career P/GP and career best years are pretty much on par, but I thought Jeff Marek framed it best when talking about this on the latest 31 Thoughts podcast when he said Dvorak exists in actuality and Kotkaniemi still exists in potentiality. It's certainly possible that Kotkaniemi will be the better player, but if you're in Montréal's positon, you want the sure and reliable thing. That's Dvorak.

Good quote, but Dvorak is only 25 and also has potential to be better. Montreal wins on two fronts. The better player now, and still potentially the better player moving forward. We've seen plenty of players blossom after age 25. Both of our centers, for example.

Edited by rmc51