• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres Considering Buyout of Jeff Skinner

18 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Amazing that he’s played over 1000 games but never a playoff game. 

That's crazy. Is that a record or close to it? You hear players go over 1,000 games without winning a Cup or something, but never really never appearing in a playoff game.

Edited by Sharpshooter

I don't get this for the Sabres at all. Yeah, the contract sucks, but you've already dealt with most of it. None of your RFA signings are going to be bank-breakers. None of the UFAs you bring in are going to be bankbreakers. And you're going to eat six more years of Skinner on the cap, including one year where he's going to count for 6.5 against the cap when you should be in prime contention window?

I'd wait a year or two here.

• Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I don't get this for the Sabres at all. Yeah, the contract sucks, but you've already dealt with most of it. None of your RFA signings are going to be bank-breakers. None of the UFAs you bring in are going to be bankbreakers. And you're going to eat six more years of Skinner on the cap, including one year where he's going to count for 6.5 against the cap when you should be in prime contention window?

Also, if PLD can be traded, can't Skinner? Seems crazy.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also, if PLD can be traded, can't Skinner? Seems crazy.

Skinner's got that no move, but yeah, I mean...problem for problem is not exactly an unprecedented thing. And you have a ton of teams far under the floor too. And Skinner's not exactly shit, he's just not a 9m player.

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Skinner's got that no move, but yeah, I mean...problem for problem is not exactly an unprecedented thing. And you have a ton of teams far under the floor too. And Skinner's not exactly shit, he's just not a 9m player.

Yah. Skinner for a bag of pucks @ $2-3 million retained should be a no-brainer for any team looking for a smallish shoot first type of player.

4 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

That franchise....

Confused No Idea GIF by Mashed