• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #5: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Hurrican't

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Fox has to be injured. He’s slow, nothing doing on the PP. 

He is.  A leg.  They mentioned he could use a few days off if the Rangers could close.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

This is the first stinker they've turned in in 20 games. 

They need to dig deep. But I'm not going to act like they have to crawl out of a hole when they have two more opportunities to move on. 

They have always battled back in the face of adversity.

I commend your faith in a moment of despair, I really do. But I haven't seen much, if anything, in tonight's performance, that they can build on for Game 6, did you? 
I guess that's one positive, which is, the game was such a complete stinker from start to finish, that you toss the whole thing in the garbage and erase it from your memory, and go back to basics. Question is, if they can do that or if their confidence has been shaken so much by these last 2 losses?

Just now, Karan said:

I commend your faith in a moment of despair, I really do. But I haven't seen much, if anything, in tonight's performance, that they can build on for Game 6, did you? 
I guess that's one positive, which is, the game was such a complete stinker from start to finish, that you toss the whole thing in the garbage and erase it from your memory, and go back to basics. Question is, if they can do that or if their confidence has been shaken so much by these last 2 losses?

No, they gave this one away. Had a little help from Refs, but they gave it away

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Didn't you pick Rangers in six? I don't really know, I'm not looking, I'm just saying.

Ray said one intelligible thing on broadcast which is that the series was never going to be a sweep in either direction and we’ve just taken a weird path to game six. He’s right, it just stings to have the opportunity and blow it.

still you would take two or three chances to close against these guys every year. Need to regroup for Thursday and come out hungry or we are coming back home for the most nervous game in nyr history 

I just think as “a team” the Hurricanes are just better. They shouldn’t have been down 3-0 because they played well. Rangers are just not as good as a team. More talented players but not as good. 

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

The only thing to build on is that we still know Shesterkin is wall at the back. Just score 3+ goals and they’ll win every game.

But for that to happen the stars needs to show up, which they don’t do often enough.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Didn't you pick Rangers in six? I don't really know, I'm not looking, I'm just saying.

Nope in 5. At this point though I'll gladly take Rangers in 6, cause even that feels like a long shot with how lost and lifeless they looked tonight.