• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #4: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Rent Free & Cry Hard

41 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Monday I'm dressing Rempe and going with the undefeated lineup. Forget statistics; it works.

HOW COULD YOU WANT TO DRESS A GUY THAT PLAYS 4 TO 5 MINUTES A GAME???  WE HAVE A CONCUSSED CHYTIL OR JOHNNY BORDZINSKI THAT CAN PLAY AND BE HUGE FACTORS IN THE GAME.  

2 minutes ago, delneggs said:

HOW COULD YOU WANT TO DRESS A GUY THAT PLAYS 4 TO 5 MINUTES A GAME???  WE HAVE A CONCUSSED CHYTIL OR JOHNNY BORDZINSKI THAT CAN PLAY AND BE HUGE FACTORS IN THE GAME.  

What fuck would Rempe have done in this game?

Give me a fucking break with the bullshit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

What fuck would Rempe have done in this game?

Give me a fucking break with the bullshit.

What good did Brodznski do?  Rempe could have done more in 1 shift that first period to turn around the momentum than Brodzinki or a concussed Chytil could do together.  Open you eyes, and maybe your mind and stop with the bullshit.  

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, delneggs said:

What good did Brodznski do?  Rempe could have done more in 1 shift that first period to turn around the momentum than Brodzinki or a concussed Chytil could do together.  Open you eyes, and maybe your mind and stop with the bullshit.  

What specifically could he have done in a game with literally zero altercations?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

What specifically could he have done in a game with literally zero altercations?

Are you really so numb that you don't know what Rempe could have done while the Canes were hitting everything in sight and controlling all the momentum.  If you don't know the answer to that then I now understand why you say the things you say. Learn about hockey.   

• LMFAO 2

Just now, Pete said:

For the record brodź had 8:49 seconds of being invisible as well so yea I dunno I guess I’ll just defer to the fact that the team seems to play with more balls when Rempe is in the lineup. 

chytil I get. Brodzinski I dont.

you sit Rempe because you’re probably double shifting goodrow and Vesey with panarin and Zib and trochek when you need 2 centers our there or more defensively oriented players.

we’re nit comparing apples to oranges here but rather seedless vs seeded grapes. 

but I guess that’s what you do when you’re 7-1 in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Abe Froman said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Apparently he's never heard the old adage that you don't try to fix something that ain't broke

FFS we need a new coach already. 

I guess.......

• LMFAO 1

11 minutes ago, siddious said:

For the record brodź had 8:49 seconds of being invisible as well so yea I dunno I guess I’ll just defer to the fact that the team seems to play with more balls when Rempe is in the lineup. 

chytil I get. Brodzinski I dont.

you sit Rempe because you’re probably double shifting goodrow and Vesey with panarin and Zib and trochek when you need 2 centers our there or more defensively oriented players.

we’re nit comparing apples to oranges here but rather seedless vs seeded grapes. 

but I guess that’s what you do when you’re 7-1 in the playoffs. 

What do you mean they play with more balls? They fucking out play Carolina for 3/4 of the game...

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Are you really so numb that you don't know what Rempe could have done while the Canes were hitting everything in sight and controlling all the momentum.  If you don't know the answer to that then I now understand why you say the things you say. Learn about hockey.   

I asked what specifically could have been done. You have no answer. 

The Rangers control the majority of that game. It was no physical domination happening at all. Carolina had two more hits recorded that the Rangers, on home ice where the score keeper will be more generous with hits for Carolina. 

So the answer is you don't have a fucking answer. 

But I have to learn about hockey? Please continue to embarrass yourself.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He refused to close lanes. He made brutal decisions with the puck. He stickhandles like he is steering a gondola. Ok great, shots blocked. Big hits. But his performance has been horrific the last 2 games. 

He doesn't refuse...he can't. He sucks. Been that way since he got here. He's never been good. 

• Keeps it 100 1

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

I asked what specifically could have been done. You have no answer. 

The Rangers control the majority of that game. It was no physical domination happening at all. Carolina had two more hits recorded that the Rangers, on home ice where the score keeper will be more generous with hits for Carolina. 

So the answer is you don't have a fucking answer. 

But I have to learn about hockey? Please continue to embarrass yourself.

I gave you a fucking answer, you just don't like it and that is your problem.  Learn about hockey.  Maybe ask a Devils fan what Rempe could have done to turn that first period domination by the Canes around, maybe they can open your eyes a little....but doubt it.  

9 minutes ago, delneggs said:

I gave you a fucking answer, you just don't like it and that is your problem.  Learn about hockey.  Maybe ask a Devils fan what Rempe could have done to turn that first period domination by the Canes around, maybe they can open your eyes a little....but doubt it.  

I don't think Rempe would have made much of a difference.  In the 1st period, they looked lazy and weren't skating with any purpose.  Rempe would have possibly made more of a difference in Game 3 when the 'Canes were getting chippy.  That may have stopped a bit of that stuff.  In Game 4, less chippiness and less penalties. 

We'll never know if he would have made a difference since he didn't play.  At this point it is all conjecture.

1 minute ago, VegasRanger said:

I don't think Rempe would have made much of a difference.  In the 1st period, they looked lazy and weren't skating with any purpose.  Rempe would have possibly made more of a difference in Game 3 when the 'Canes were getting chippy.  That may have stopped a bit of that stuff.  In Game 4, less chippiness and less penalties. 

We'll never know if he would have made a difference since he didn't play.  At this point it is all conjecture.

Very true, we will never know.  But, you say they looked lazy and I agree, but is that the case if Rempe is dressed and in the first shift puts a big hit on someone?  My guess is the entire team picks up their game and that is part of his value to the team.  

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Dude. Trouba was awful.

Nah. None of the GA tonight were his fault. Just re-watched. Goal 1 Barclay bad turnover. Goal 2 he did a great job tying up Staal in front, Trocheck and Lafreniere were lazy picking up Noese, Goal 3 Panarin disconnected controller moment in the slot on defense, he had Aho and let him drift while he covered nobody. Goal 4 PK and he had nothing to do with why a shot from the point went in. If anything it was Fox watching.

So again, tell me how this falls directly on Trouba’s shoulders, because that tweet means dick all?

The Panarin line was atrocious, Shesterkin had a meh game, and Lindgren lost his balance at the end. That’s why they lost. Zero to do with Trouba.

We need to stop pretending there’s some whipping boy here. Trouba isn’t why they lost. Lavi playing Brodzinski over Rempe isn’t why they lost.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nah. None of the GA tonight were his fault. Just re-watched. Goal 1 Barclay bad turnover. Goal 2 he did a great job tying up Staal in front, Trocheck and Lafreniere were lazy picking up Noese, Goal 3 Panarin disconnected controller moment in the slot on defense, he had Aho and let him drift while he covered nobody. Goal 4 PK and he had nothing to do with why a shot from the point went in. If anything it was Fox watching.

So again, tell me how this falls directly on Trouba’s shoulders, because that tweet means dick all?

The Panarin line was atrocious, Shesterkin had a meh game, and Lindgren lost his balance at the end. That’s why they lost. Zero to do with Trouba.

We need to stop pretending there’s some whipping boy here. Trouba isn’t why they lost. Lavi playing Brodzinski over Rempe isn’t why they lost.

Is playing him the reason they lost? Maybe maybe not. 

Does he stink? Yes. 

• Keeps it 100 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, delneggs said:

So yet again you don't have a specific answer.

By what specific metric did the hurricanes dominate the first period? And what does that have to do with the rest of the game?

You're telling me to learn hockey, you think a fourth line scrub is the reason we lost the one goal game. Please, teach me about hockey. Put your knowledge on display for all of us to learn. 

And then when you're done, you can let us know if you are Rempe Dad, or his Agent. 

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is playing him the reason they lost? Maybe maybe not. 

Does he stink? Yes. 

It’s not.

He still does half the time, yeah.

Richie said it’s all on Trouba’s shoulders. That’s all. Then you got this other guy saying it‘s all Brodzinski’s fault.

It’s like blaming the dog for the weather.

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s not.

He still does half the time, yeah.

Richie said it’s all on Trouba’s shoulders. That’s all. Then you got this other guy saying it‘s all Brodzinski’s fault.

It’s like blaming the dog for the weather.

Oh yeah I'm not linking anything.

Trouba has sucked for a long time. Gus was great for like 3 months and then he got bad, and then he got even worse after his injury. 

Suck as individual and suck worse as a pair. Jones should be in there. 

But goals and loses are rarely on one guy. 

At the same time the tweet that was posted is not a coincidence...Trouba sucks.