• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Which means the Rangers will have about 17 SOG tonight 

The Rangers generate enough HDCF and convert enough that they shouldn't be throwing cupcakes at this kid and letting him feel the puck. Make him work for it. That's not shot volume, it's shot quality.

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Rangers generate enough HDCF and convert enough that they shouldn't be throwing cupcakes at this kid and letting him feel the puck. Make him work for it. That's not shot volume, it's shot quality.

This is something I never appreciated until lately. I've always been a chucker with the thought that anything can happen. In all reality, quality beats quantity, hence passing around and possessing before shooting.

My hockey strategy:

Gain zone, go wide, shoot, back to the blue line. I guess this is why I never became anything. Haha 

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

This is something I never appreciated until lately. I've always been a chucker with the thought that anything can happen. In all reality, quality beats quantity, hence passing around and possessing before shooting.

My hockey strategy:

Gain zone, go wide, shoot, back to the blue line. I guess this is why I never became anything. Haha 

no, that's not why

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

If a goalie is on and stopping everything, chucking with bodies in front is the way.

If there were no special teams last game, Carolina probably would have had a higher probability of scoring a pinball goal. Eventually that chuck from the blue line hits 3 skates on the way in

This is probably obvious, but they can’t let this series go past 5 games. If it gets to 6, it’s probably going 7.

Do the easy thing. Show up as focused and in a must win state of mind tomorrow, and just win baby. Then rest up and watch the bloodbath that is the Florida/Boston series.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

40 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Panarin, Trocheck, Kreider and Zibanejad have been so damn good. I know in the past there's been trepidation about Panarin and Mika, but they have been great, and consistently so.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is probably obvious, but they can’t let this series go past 5 games. If it gets to 6, it’s probably going 7.

Do the easy thing. Show up as focused and in a must win state of mind tomorrow, and just win baby. Then rest up and watch the bloodbath that is the Florida/Boston series.

Let's not even talk about this going six or seven. l want to enjoy where they're at right now. lol

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

No way jose. Can’t mess around, be like this

lol Well, I don't think it will get that far anyway. Carolina looked defeated yesterday. They threw the kitchen sink at the Rangers the last two games and have nothing to show for it. They are toast.

• Believe 2

18 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Bottom six has to chip in here and there. It wont be easy scoring in the later rounds. Fla will be pounding our top six

That's where getting Chytil involved comes in. He might make something out of Kakko and that 3rd line in general. Last time Kakko was truly buzzing, it was on the same line with Chytil. That Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko line had been responsible and you could trust it not to blow the game, but they weren't contributing a lick offensively.

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That's where getting Chytil involved comes in. He might make something out of Kakko and that 3rd line in general. Last time Kakko was truly buzzing, it was on the same line with Chytil. That Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko line had been responsible and you could trust it not to blow the game, but they weren't contributing a lick offensively.

I'd still like to see Chyts centering Kakko & Cools on the 3rd, with Wennberg dropped to centering the 4th. Won't win many faceoffs, but I feel like it generates a little more offense. And when Goodie was on the wing late in the season is when he started scoring. Dunno, just a shot.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

I'd still like to see Chyts centering Kakko & Cools on the 3rd, with Wennberg dropped to centering the 4th. Won't win many faceoffs, but I feel like it generates a little more offense. And when Goodie was on the wing late in the season is when he started scoring. Dunno, just a shot.

It'd be interesting to see for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing it in this run, but it'd be a great line to see out of the gate next year.

IDK what it is about Wennberg though. He's got very little going on offensively, but there's a lot of trust in him just making the right simple plays. He doesn't really panic with the puck in any zone. He knows when to settle it down when things might be getting hairy. He's a cool customer, and is probably a good anchor between Chytil and Kakko. I think I'd pass on moving any of the Rangers' centers around unless they need a jolt.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

lol Well, I don't think it will get that far anyway. Carolina looked defeated yesterday. They threw the kitchen sink at the Rangers the last two games and have nothing to show for it. They are toast.

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You guys got this;

We stole their souls last night.  They gave us EVERYTHING they had in the tank, and it wasn't enough.  We weathered their bullshit, and made them our OT bitch again.

We polish off these pesky pricks on Saturday night!  ...might even be a bit of a blowout!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Believe 2

17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

At this point i don’t think anyone will make anything out of Kakko. There’s nothing there, not even one semi chance. 

21 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Agreed. One of his best weapons is his ability/willingness to take the puck directly to the net and #CauseChaos in front. He did it two or three times last night.

Just now, Phil said:

Agreed. One of his best weapons is his ability/willingness to take the puck directly to the net and #CauseChaos in front. He did it two or three times last night.

Yup, exactly, and in general he just has a knack for carrying the puck deep and helping establish zone time. Kakko's strength is playing with zone time. He's pretty shit on the rush.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yup, exactly, and in general he just has a knack for carrying the puck deep and helping establish zone time. Kakko's strength is playing with zone time. He's pretty shit on the rush.

Yup. Both Cuylle and Kakko are good feet from the net, too, so having the puck taken there is a good thing for all of them.