• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gustafsson Day-to-day After Elbow to the Head

Just now, RangerDanger said:

Getting a little thin on the back end. Who steps in, Scanlin?

I believe he’s the guy called up unless trouba is ready to go.

get these injuries out of the way now before the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

Also sucks that Mackey is hurt I wanted to see more of him 

Yeah this!!

Reinhardt is FAR from THAT type of player.  It was totally accidental, and shit like that happens.  Unfortunately Gus got his bell rung on account of it.  He'll be fine.  He could use a little rest before the playoffs too.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yeah this!!

Reinhardt is FAR from THAT type of player.  It was totally accidental, and shit like that happens.  Unfortunately Gus got his bell rung on account of it.  He'll be fine.  He could use a little rest before the playoffs too.

I believe Vince mercogliano mentioned he’s been dealing with an injury for a while so this may be something good in the long run. 

Just now, siddious said:

I believe Vince mercogliano mentioned he’s been dealing with an injury for a while so this may be something good in the long run. 

Yea I mean at this point of the season who isn't dealing with some sort of niggles. Might not be a bad thing for him to take some time off and recover for the playoffs.

Just now, Karan said:

Yea I mean at this point of the season who isn't dealing with some sort of niggles. Might not be a bad thing for him to take some time off and recover for the playoffs.

Ron Burgundy What GIF

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 4
  • 'Merica! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

I know it was mentioned that Trouba should be back either in time for the COL/ARI trip or shortly after. That would fit the timeframe on him. And it was mentioned Lindgren wanted to return before the regular season ended, and him skating today would make me tend to believe that is more likely to happen than not. So yeah, thin for now for sure. But shouldn’t be too long.

I am concerned with Gustafsson. It was a total fluke thing but it did look nasty. I hope he isn’t out long term. That said, should he miss time, Jones has been playing very well for us for a little while now.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, siddious said:

The point being, that's kinda redundant since at this stage of the season most guys, especially the older ones, are banged up and dealing with something lol So any time away from the game to help recover what they're dealing with can only be a benefit for the playoffs. 

51 minutes ago, Karan said:

The point being, that's kinda redundant since at this stage of the season most guys, especially the older ones, are banged up and dealing with something lol So any time away from the game to help recover what they're dealing with can only be a benefit for the playoffs. 

Hey I agree. Been saying Lavs should start sitting guys and rotating in black aces to get some reps in and rest for teh big dogs. We made it. Now get ready for the real games.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not sure I play Gus over Jones when he's healthy again at this point.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agreed. Jones is in the zone and Gus has struggled.

jones is such a midget thought but I guess I agree 

I think Gus is someone Lavi likes a lot too, so it'd be surprising to me if he wasn't in the lineup. I like Jones to step in a starting role next season, but I'm not sure I'd trust him out of the gate in the playoffs here.

• Cheers 1

For all intents and purposes they've been playing playoff-style games. Agree that Gus is a Lavvy fave, think the sentiment here is that some of us wouldn't make that choice, but we're not the ones who decide.

Laviolette has been speaking extremely high of Jones since he broke into the lineup. Whenever we are 100% healthy and Gus is ready to come back in, the decision will definitely be more interesting than I think any of us ever expected. I wouldn’t be surprised either way at this point, to be honest.

Edited by RichieNextel305

It's not about metrics, it's about in-ice play. Jones gets the puck up ice more quickly, the zone exits are cleaner, less giveaways (Gus actually leads the D in GVA/60).

Look, we all know Gus is going to play, probably won't hurt the team, but Jones just looks better and much more confident than Gus has.

Edited by Pete

I miss Jones already.  

But not as much as I miss the  Miller/Schneider pairing. 

I wish Laviolette could make the switch,  but I understand the whole not wanting to demote the captain thing. 

But holly shit he HAS to. 

39 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Isn't the ol adage "the captain doesn't necessarily be the best player on the team"?  Demote his ass

I think Trouba will play every game until the season ends just to get himself ready for the playoffs. Because he looks extremely rusty right now.

• Keeps it 100 1

27 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think Trouba will play every game until the season ends just to get himself ready for the playoffs. Because he looks extremely rusty right now.

He didn’t play for a month. So yeah. There’s gonna be that.

34 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I'm not saying sit him, just drop him to the third pair and give him a little less ice time.  

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1