• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jaroslav Chmelar to 3-Year Entry-level Contract

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Jaroslav Chmelar to 3-Year Entry-level Contract
19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I like 6' 5" players that can skate well...and by well, I mean FAST!

@Drew a Penalty...This guy any good?

I can't lie, I've only ever watched him at the WJCs, Perreault is the only college guy I've taken the time to watch in the last year or so. Chmelar was supposed to shoulder more responsibility in Providence but got injured and never found productivity again. There's potential for him to be a bottom-six player because he plays a very North American brand of hockey. He drives the net, works the corners, and doesn't shy away from physicality. I haven't seen him play in over a year so I can't speak to any growth in his game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I can't lie, I've only ever watched him at the WJCs, Perreault is the only college guy I've taken the time to watch in the last year or so. Chmelar was supposed to shoulder more responsibility in Providence but got injured and never found productivity again. There's potential for him to be a bottom-six player because he plays a very North American brand of hockey. He drives the net, works the corners, and doesn't shy away from physicality. I haven't seen him play in over a year so I can't speak to any growth in his game.

This made me instantly think of a future line of Cuylle - Rempe - Chmelar, where Cuylle is the "small guy" at 6'3" 212lbs.

• JIMMY! 1