• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Acolyte

Phil

12 hours ago, siddious said:

I have 0 expectations with anything disney-star wars. so hopefully this surprises me.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disney sinking Star Wars even further. Great.

First, Andor was dope.

Second, Not really sure how you can tell from a trailer that this isn't going to be good.

Maybe give it an episode or two before instantly complaining LOL. 

Edited by Pete
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

First, Andor was dope.

Second, Not really sure how you can tell from a trailer that this isn't going to be good.

Yes, Andor was pretty good. I'll give you that. Even the Obi Wan series wasn't too bad, although a bit too bloated at times.

To your second point, I will not wait.

• LMFAO 2

Attempting to dive into the Jedi versus Sith wars long before any other mainstream Star Wars content available on the timeline is interesting. It's a bit too niche for most (see above), and they'll have to get it right for the Legends junkies or those that played games like KOTOR. 

Being a Star Wars junkie for everything beyond the feature films, I'm game.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

First, Andor was dope.

I didn’t say it’s not going to be good.

I said Disney sucks. 

im still going to watch this. 

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Attempting to dive into the Jedi versus Sith wars long before any other mainstream Star Wars content available on the timeline is interesting. It's a bit too niche for most (see above), and they'll have to get it right for the Legends junkies or those that played games like KOTOR. 

Being a Star Wars junkie for everything beyond the feature films, I'm game.

The shows are def better than the movies which I hear they’re planning to make more of. 

im a big fan of getting away from the same characters/usual plots. Its been one of my gripes with these Disney Star Wars movies/shows… such a vast universe and you run into the same people constantly. 

i haven’t read into this show too much but it IS potentially that so good so far. 

like I said I hope I’m pleasantly surprised. 

I liked Sleeping with Other People, and the first season of Russian Doll. They're both very different from Star Wars, but they give me enough faith in Leslye Headland as a writer and director who can tackle different genres. 

It's also particularly refreshing for Star Wars to pick a new timeline and not one that has anything to do with the Skywalker Saga or Filoni's Clone Wars/Rebels creations. I'm hopeful that this show, like Andor, can survive on its own merits as opposed to 'member berries and attempts to fill in story gaps created by the sequel trilogy.

11 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I bet you one million dollars one of the characters from the Skywalker saga will appear in this show. 

Yoda and some council members are alive and likely appear, but I hope they don't rely on digging up old characters. Andor used Mon Mothma but they gave her a meaningful characterization that she'd been lacking elsewhere. I have no issue with something like that versus a cameo for cameo's sake. I'm just not interested in Dave Filoni's self-masturbatory parade of his cartoon creations.

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, siddious said:

Has anyone watched? Everything I’ve seen on it has been really brutal in regards to reviews. 

It fucking sucks. 

• LMFAO 2

I've been meaning to start, and every time I try, I look at it and go "actually, nevermind." and then I end up watching re-runs of shit I've seen a thousand times instead.

• 2 months later...