• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL to Expand to San Diego?

I’ve never been to California so pardon my ignorance but that would be 3 teams in what seems like the geographic size of Long Island. Also really close to the border… are there even fans there?

rather do Houston or salt lake 

Edited by siddious

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to NHL to Expand to San Diego?
16 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’ve never been to California so pardon my ignorance but that would be 3 teams in what seems like the geographic size of Long Island. Also really close to the border… are there even fans there?

rather do Houston or salt lake 

There is. The SoCal AHL teams all draw well, and SD is a huge metro area with very little pro sports coverage.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

There is. The SoCal AHL teams all draw well, and SD is a huge metro area with very little pro sports coverage.

And they suffer from the same issue as places like Winnipeg...No corporate support. The list of major brands out there is...Qualcomm (already gave boatloads to ManU)...And then tangentially Sony, Intuit, Oracle (who are already in sports so not sure they're going to spend in SD).

Tough look.