• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Very Big Week Ahead

Have a chance to help step on the Devils throats. Will they take it?

In Carolina on Tuesday, 2nd night of a back-to-back. How will they respond? 

Carolina is 2 points back, for the first time since the 2nd week of the season, there is a chance for the Rangers to not be leading the division. I’m really curious to see how they respond to someone breathing down their necks. 

One game at a time is the way to go.

We have a lot of things to look at, and also I'm sure there's going to be some experimentation with players, positions and Power play deployment.

By the way, did anyone else notice Trouba was out Saturday night?  ....I didn't!  Not that I'm getting on Trouba, but I just really didn't notice he wasn't playing.

5 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

5 games in 7 nights, 2 back-to-backs WITH travel, and less than 24 hours between games 4 and 5 of the week.

The Rangers should shoot the NHL scheduler, this is nuts

Oof, rough stretch into next week. 

Obviously would love to win every game this week but if there were 3 games the Rangers need Ws it's tonight (to stay ahead of Carolina), tomorrow vs. Carolina to push them back a little further, and vs. the Islanders next Sunday (to put them back in their place).  Im willing to punt a game vs. the Lightning and/or Penguins or at least get a point. 

Gotta start Quick somewhere this week (tonight?) and/or vs. the Penguins?  

Next week doesnt get any easier home vs. Jets, @Boston, home vs. Panthers.

8 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

5 games in 7 nights, 2 back-to-backs WITH travel, and less than 24 hours between games 4 and 5 of the week.

The Rangers should shoot the NHL scheduler, this is nuts

Yeah, this is hell week. They're gonna be absolutely exhausted by the time they reach the Isles. Biggest scheduled loss I've ever seen.

Oooof! I'm tired just thinking about it. HOWEVER...our squad is re-energized with the latest additions to the roster. Boys managed quite well without Freight Train Trouba. I'm not afraid of any opponent. The schedule, however, can exhaust even the best teams so while not expecting two weeks of victories, I am confident we will come out on the right side of the standings. LFGR!

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank

March is a fairly heavy schedule it looks for a lot of teams.  It usually is, from what I can remember.

All I know is we take them one game at a time and try some new things to see what clicks.  We've put away a lot of points and we're in a great spot.

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

March is a fairly heavy schedule it looks for a lot of teams.  It usually is, from what I can remember.

All I know is we take them one game at a time and try some new things to see what clicks.  We've put away a lot of points and we're in a great spot.

We will see what they are made of.

Regardless of the true results, if you’re judging them… look At EVERYTHING.

We will see if they get wangular hugification… or if they suffer from Old Man’s Penis. 

• LMFAO 1

20 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

We will see what they are made of.

Regardless of the true results, if you’re judging them… look At EVERYTHING.

We will see if they get wangular hugification… or if they suffer from Old Man’s Penis. 

I was watching that Jones/Gus pairing from Saturday night, and they were pretty decent.  My thought is that Housely has had a chance to work with Jones in practice, while he's been sitting out.  His game has a little different look with less careless outlet passes.

Seems he's holding the puck a little longer and looking to either skate or make a play with it, instead of tossing grenades when pressured like in the past.

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was watching that Jones/Gus pairing from Saturday night, and they were pretty decent.  My thought is that Housely has had a chance to work with Jones in practice, while he's been sitting out.  His game has a little different look with less careless outlet passes.

Seems he's holding the puck a little longer and looking to either skate or make a play with it, instead of tossing grenades when pressured like in the past.

Housely needs to work with Gus next. He's been atrocious.

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

Housely needs to work with Gus next. He's been atrocious.

I shit myself when I see him out there a lot lately!  He can't get position on guys in front of the net.